Our School Vision
Knight Vision: To share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Our 2022-23 school theme "TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!" is directly aligned with our continued vision and instructional expectations for Knight: to share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Knight Mission: To provide a positive, stimulating, and secure environment that empowers the individual to grow socially, emotionally, and intellectually in order to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Knight Belief: We believe all kids can learn…
…and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve. It is our job to create an environment in our classrooms that engages students in academic work that results in a high level of achievement. We are confident that with our support and help, students can master challenging curricula, and we expect them to do so. We are prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents to achieve this shared educational purpose (DuFour, 1997a).
Happy Spring, Knight Family!
We’re only ONE week away from our Knight Stars Fun Run and our students and staff are so excited! We’re looking forward to having fun and building community together.
⭐️ Log into MYBOOSTER.COM today to get started! ⭐️
Register & share today to help our school reach our goal of $10,000 for students & staff.
PLUS, If 60% of our students are registered on mybooster.com by event day everyone gets extra recess! It is FREE & EASY to register.
Check out this 30 second video about our upcoming event >> Click for Fun!
Key dates to remember:
● Knight Stars Fun Run Kick Off - Monday, April 10, 2023
● Knight Stars Fun Run Event Day - Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- K-1 at 9:00 AM
- 4-5 at 10:00 AM
- 2-3 at 11:00 AM
***Parents are invited to come cheer on their student(s) during the KNIGHT STARS FUN RUN! Please check in at the front office with your picture ID. Go Knight Stars!***
Thank you for supporting our school - we are grateful for our amazing school community!
Have a wonderful spring break during the week of April 3rd - 7th!
If there is anything I can do to support you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 770-921-2400 or Toni.Ferguson@gcpsk12.org.
Your Proud Principal,
Dr. Toni Ferguson
Knight Elementary School
PTA SPIRIT NIGHT AT SKATE ALONG USA!
Thank you for supporting our PTA spirit night! Our Knight family had a great time! We appreciate our PTA officers, Vanessa Estremadoyro, Jocabed Montoya, Kelly Morgan, Denise Carter, and Cherie Peck for planning and organizing wonderful fun family events!
ALL PRO DAD MEETING!
Our Knight dads and families were thrilled to participate in our first All Pro Dad Meeting! Thank you to our Parent Outreach Liaison, Sindy Amador, and Parent Instructional Coordinator, Kelli Sheffield, for planning a wonderful event!
Our honor chorus participants, Kenley Fitzpatrick, Mira Hadley Telfer, Marshall Hardy, and Madison Tooks, were outstanding at the district performance! Thank you to our music teacher, Lisa Petrassi, for working with our students!
MISSING A JACKET?
SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS: PLAYGROUND/FIELD FENCING!
Are you interested in serving on the Local School Council (LSC)? The school council is an advisory group that provides advice and recommendations for the local school. If you are interested in serving, please forward your name, the number of children you have attending KES, and a brief statement as to why you would like to serve on the LSC to Lisa Burton at the following email address: Lisa_Burton@gcpsk12.org.
Knight PTA News!
We need YOU!
Knight PTA is seeking individuals who are willing to consider being on the ballot for one of the following positions:
Treasurer (Finance, Audit/Accounting, or prior Treasurer experience desired for consideration)
Why serve as a PTA Officer?
- PTA brings together the two most important adult influences in a child’s life - parent and teacher.
- PTA officers oversee programs that serve to enrich our students’ extracurricular and academic experience in diverse ways, such as our Outdoor Classroom, Arts in Education Program, and Literacy Support.
PTA officers work with committee chairs to organize several fun events throughout the year for our families to enjoy together! By serving as a PTA Officer, you are committing to making everyday life at school better while building community. If you would like to know more about what it means to be a PTA Officer, please reach out to Vanessa Estremadoyro for more information.
Thank you for your partnership!
GEORGIA MILESTONES (EOG) ASSESSMENT
Thank you for your support and participation in your child’s education at Knight Elementary! During the testing window of April 24th - May 12th, we look forward to our 3rd-5th grade students demonstrating all they have learned when they take the Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) State Assessment.
Our teachers have created many learning opportunities to help students succeed and we are confident that they will do well. As a gentle reminder, please make sure your child has a good night's rest, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives at school on time.
TUTOR.COM FOR 3-5 STUDENTS!
The Gwinnett County Public Library is partnering with Gwinnett County Public Schools to provide online tutoring support to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Gwinnett students through Tutor.com. Students will need a library account to access the service. They will be able to sign on for individual tutoring sessions daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and for 24/7 “drop-off” support (uploading a document for tutor review/feedback to be returned at a later time).
Find all the information you need to take advantage of this program by logging into eCLASS. Look for the box pictured below!
PARENT VUE APP
The Synergy Parent mobile app, ParentVUE, is available for use. The app is available in the Apple App Store, as well as the Google Play Store. An active Parent Portal account is required to log in to ParentVUE.
- It will allow parents, who have a parent portal account, to view schedules, grades, see when assignments are due, view graduation requirements, find missing assignments, and view other important student information.
- If you have a Parent Portal account you will use the same log in username (email) and password that you use online.
April 3 - 7
- Spring Break / NO SCHOOL
- Boosterthon Kick Off
- District IV Area Board Meeting at Brookwood HS 7 PM
- Boosterthon Fundraiser
- College Awareness Day - Wear a college shirt!
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Zoo Atlanta
- School Council Meeting 7:30 AM
- Boosterthon Knight Stars Fun Run
- Kindergarten Registration in the Media Center (10AM - 2PM & 4PM - 6PM)
- All Pro Dad Meeting 7:30 AM
- House Challenge Day
- Knight in the Garden 6 PM - 8 PM
- GCPS Book Mobile 5K & FUN RUN 8 AM
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week!
- Field Day
We are excited to welcome our new Stars to Knight!
If you know someone who has a child that is ready for Kindergarten, please share the following information about our upcoming Kindergarten Registration.
We are excited to meet all of our future Stars!
KNIGHT KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
401 North River Drive
Lilburn, GA 30047
STEP 1: Register online starting Monday, April 10.
STEP 2: Upload your documents
- You will need: Birth Certificate, GA Immunization Form 3231, GA Form 3300 (Hearing, Vision, Dental & Nutrition), 2 proofs of residency, and parent's photo ID
STEP 3: On April 20th, students will have the readiness screening and participate in other fun activities. Parents may also drop off documents if not uploaded online.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call the school office or email our registration team.
Laura Boltin, Student Data Management Clerk, email@example.com
Michael Cunningham, Kindergarten Assistant Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation - important reminders!
- Students will begin entering at 8:20 am.
- Drop off ends promptly at 8:50 am.
- Students arriving after 8:50 am will need to be checked in at the front desk by a parent/guardian.
- Morning announcements will begin at 8:50 am.
- Buses will unload at 8:20 am.
- Students will enter the building beginning at 8:20 am.
VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL
- Please contact the Parent Center from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887 if you are interested in volunteering.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
- Pick up ends promptly at 3:50 pm.
- Students not picked up after 3:50 pm will need to be checked out at the front desk by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Buses will load at staggered times based upon their arrival.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
CHANGE OF TRANSPORTATION: If your child needs a temporary alternate transportation route for the afternoon, please call the front office prior to 10 AM.
Car Rider Reminders!
PARENT LUNCH VISITATION
- Parents/families are welcome to enjoy lunch with their students.
- After checking in the office with an ID and securing a visitor badge, parents/families will meet their student at the entrance to the cafeteria.
- Please allow your child to follow his/her normal routine in the cafeteria line. Feel free to bring a lunch with you or to purchase lunch at the salad/potato bar ($3.75).
- Parents/families will utilize the bistro tables in the hallway outside the cafeteria.
- When leaving the cafeteria, parents should not escort students back to the classroom. Parents must sign out before leaving.
GASP! Georgia After School Program!
Many thanks to all visitors for utilizing our Visitor Management System (VMS) and for submitting identification through RAPTOR. This increased security means that visitors have been screened prior to entering the rest of the building.
A vestibule is being constructed in our front lobby as an additional security measure. Visitors to the school will be buzzed in with our video system and will then be allowed to enter the vestibule. Your ID will then be checked, and once you are cleared you will be able to enter the building.
GCPS schools have established reasonable and precautionary practices within the school to minimize the risk of infection and/or spread of COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
Guidance is subject to change based on updated recommendations from CDC/Department of Public Health and will be communicated to local school Health Response Team members.
- Provide opportunities for regular handwashing.
- Implement the custodial schedule/processes to clean high-touch areas during the school day.
- Communicate and follow COVID-19/Monkeypox criteria for return to work/school in consultation with county nurses.
- As of August 18th, masks are strongly recommended, but optional for staff in all GCPS facilities. In addition, mask coverings are OPTIONAL for students and visitors.
Action Items for School Plan
- Ensure each common area and classroom will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Continue to provide ample time for restroom and handwashing opportunities.
- A custodial schedule is being utilized to ensure the cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the school day.
*Protocols for reporting COVID-19/Monkeypox contact exposure will be followed and reported immediately to administrators/district health officials. Please see additional information regarding Monkeypox procedures and CDC Guidelines from GCPS.
* In addition, if you or anyone in your home is sick and has tested positive for COVID-19/Monkeypox, please contact our clinic coordinator, Majonna Garcia, immediately.
Need More Help?
Please feel free to contact Ms. Sindy Amador, email@example.com, or Ms. Kelli Sheffield, firstname.lastname@example.org, in our Parent Center. You can also reach them by phone from 9 AM - 3 PM at 770-806-3887.
Please visit the Knight website often for information and updates on KnightESHomepage. Thank you for your generosity and support as we continue to ensure learning for all students at Knight Elementary!
Administrative & Counseling Team
Principal- Dr. Toni Ferguson
Assistant Principal- Mr. Michael Cunningham, Grades K, 1 & Special Needs
Assistant Principal- Ms. Nicole Charloff, Grades 2 & 3
Assistant Principal- Ms. Beth Wilson Grades 4, 5, Special Needs & Specials
Counselors- Ms. Rupal Patel (Grades K-2) & Ms. Michele Brown (Grades 3-5)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
All visitors must check in at the welcome desk and be prepared to provide a form of identification upon request.
Students should arrive between 8:20 AM- 8:50 AM
Morning announcements and the tardy bell ring at 8:50 AM
Dismissal bell rings at 3:20 PM
- If you are checking out your child early from school, please do so on or before 2:30 PM. This leaves our bus lanes open for bus arrivals. Also, please remember that a picture ID is required for all student check-outs. Thank you!