January 6th, 2019
From the Plank South Leadership Team
Plank South Families,
Be sure to read through this week's newsletter chock-full newsletter for everything happening around Plank South. A few highlights:
- You can still sign up your child for Yoga Club (see PTSA entry below).
- Sign up for the Blood Drive on February 5th (see below).
- 4th & 5th-grade families: 1st semester activity period ends Friday 1/25 and 2nd semester starts on 1/28.
- Webster's Census! If you have children residing in your household who are 5 years old or younger, please go to this link to complete a very brief census by January 1st. More info on the WCSD website.
- Once again this year Hegedorns Market is running a campaign in the months of January and February to help support our Plank South fundraiser for the American Heart Association!
A few more things for your calendar:
- Thursday, January 10th, 7pm: PTSA Meeting
- Monday, January 21st: No School for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Family Literacy Night will be on Thursday, January 24th, 6:30-8pm. See flyer below!
- Knights of Columbus Free Throw Competition, Saturday, January 26th (see below)
- PTSA will be sponsoring a Night at the Knighthawks on Saturday, February 2nd. More info to come in the new year.
Happy New Year!
Your Plank South Leadership Team,
Scott Wilcox & Jen Sullivan
From the Plank South PTSA!
Yoga Club Update
Great news! We are opening the following sessions up to all grade levels.
This is your last chance to sign up. Once we hit 40 children anyone else will be put on a waiting list with no guarantee that your child will get a spot. Don’t miss out!
Register now at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAEAA28AAFE3-plank
Any questions please email Gretchen at email@example.com
The next PTSA meeting is this Thursday, January 10th at 7pm in the Think Tank Room. There will be signs to the Think Tank room!
PTSA Calendar See the attached flyer for more information on volunteer positions needed to create next year's Webster Central PTSA calendar!
Tuesday, 1/8 - Yoga Club payment due
Wednesday 1/9 - First Yoga Club session
Thursday, 1/10 - PTSA Meeting (Think Tank Room)
Blood Drive at Plank Road South- Sign-up!!!
Please consider supporting the upcoming Blood Drive at Plank Road South Elementary School on Tuesday, February 5
4:00pm – 8:00pm, Gym
Therapy dogs in Webster!
Free Photography Workshop!
Oak Tree Award Nominations!!
Co-Sponsored by the Webster Teachers' Association (WTA) and the Webster Central PTSA, the Oak Tree Award recognition program is an annual award that is designed to recognize teacher excellence in Webster Central Schools.
Any Webster resident or district employee, current or former student, parent, teacher, or administrative colleague may nominate a teacher for the Elementary or Secondary Teacher of the Year Oak Tree Award. Here is a link to the nomination form!
Award nominees must meet the following criteria:
* Currently teaching in a full-time position in Webster Central Schools
* Have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in Webster Central Schools
* Plan to continue to teach the next school year in, or retire from Webster Central Schools
* Be a member of both the Webster Central PTSA and the Webster Teachers' Association
Teacher nominees who meet these criteria will receive an Oak Tree Award Application and directions for completing the application process.
Flyers, Flyers, Flyers!
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Shooting Contest- Save the Date!!!
The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Webster Council Shoot will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Willink Middle School. Registration is from 1-1:30pm, and Shooting starts at 1:30pm. If your child has another event and needs to shoot right at 1:30pm or if you can't arrive until 2pm, the Knights are very accommodating. This event is mainly for Plank South students, but anyone in the community can participate. It is a great Plank South social event! It's a fun, free event for all students who are 9-14 years old as of January 1, 2019. Older siblings can participate also. Last year one current and one former Plank South student went all the way to the state finals at West Point Military Academy in April! We will have a fun Preliminary Shoot at Plank South in PE classes in two weeks to prepare all 3rd-5th grade students of age or this exciting community event. PLEASE SAVE THE DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR.!