Hi Conway #OneFamily!
Welcome back to another awesome week. Only three weeks to go in 2021. We got this #OneFamily!
I hope you were able to enjoy some down time of not packing lunches or doing laundry or working on Lexia / Dreambox or any of your other crazy, school / work day routines! I also hope you were able to spend these past few days with those that you love the most and were able to make some great memories.
This newsletter is a repeat of last week's with the exception of the PTA section and I have a little more info about art night below. So, let's jump right into it.
Congrats to our Teacher of the Year for the 2021-2022 school year! Mrs. Krystyne Meyer. She will now go up against other Teacher of the Years from SCPS. To ensure we capture the impact she has on our children and school, we would love your input! Please provide us any feedback you have about her and why you feel she deserves to be Teacher of the Year for Stafford County Public Schools. Click here to add your input:
Here is the news for the week:
- Art Night on December 1st at 6:00 PM with Mrs. Obeng: (note the time...we sent out two different times. Totally my fault). We would love for every family to join us for a special virtual night with Mrs. Obeng and the other families from Conway. We will be sending home art supplies with every child to participate if you wish. Every child is getting a set of art materials. We will also record the session so you can participate later if you wish (will send it out via our next week's newsletter) All you have to do is grab these supplies and join by logging into your kiddos' SCPS.net account and use the code ceartnight.
Hats and Gloves: We are collecting new hats and gloves for students who do not have them. If you are willing to donate, please send them in with your child or drop them off in the front office. Please put them to Lisa Snow's attention. We thank you greatly!
Food Drive: We are partnering with the American Legion to do a food collection for the Holiday Season. Any food that you donate will go directly to a family in Stafford through food and holiday boxes. Details about the food collection is below:
Can't wait to see our kiddos in a few hours :)
Art Night, December 1st at 6:00 PM: See info above.
December 6 - 13th: The Book Fair is coming to Conway!!!!
We are looking for parents that would be willing to come in and help out with Book Fair. Specifically, we could REALLY use a person or two that can lead. Without the help of our parents we will not be able to have the bookfair open during the times planned, as this cannot be manned by staff members. Click here to sign up to volunteer:
- November 29th - Mismatch Day: We will be doing spirit days throughout the rest of the year just to try to make things a little more fun for our kiddos. The Monday we return from Thanksgiving break will be Mismatch Day! Show your spirit by putting funny outfits together, as long as they follow the dress code :) See all of the upcoming spirit days below.
- Picture Ordering Information: Any student who has not had a chance to order, it’s not too late!
Please visit: https://vando.imagequix.com/g1000875967
use your student ID when prompted for the online code.
For questions regarding school pictures please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application: Even though breakfast and lunch are free, if you believe you would qualify for free breakfast or lunch when it is no longer free, please fill out this application https://www.schoolcafe.com/SCPS-Nutrition. It allows for additional resources to be provide to your family and our school.
- Crossing Guard Sub: If you would like to help make a difference in your community, help people get to work on time and safely, AND want to help people smile out in front of our school for an hour in the AM and the PM WHILE GETTING PAID :), please email JR. We are looking for a crossing guard /traffic patrol sub to help us in the AM and PM when Ms. Nancy cannot be here. Thanks in advance!
- Family Support: If you would like further information on how you can support your child at home, we have created two different sites to support your family.
Click HERE for math, reading, and tech help from our coaches. They are also always available to meet with you to support your family as well.
Click HERE for any mental health support and resources from our counselors and social worker.
Gingerbread Nailed It:
On Thursday December 16th at 6:00 PM, we are going to do a Conway One Family version of Nailed It via Google Meet. If you have ever seen this show on Netflix, the goal is to recreate a gorgeous design that a fancy chef has made. It typically is a disaster but hysterical, this is something we as a Family can all do together.
The PTA will be buying every Conway Family (Only 1 per Family) a gingerbread house kit. We will join together on a Google call. The idea is to decorate them together while on the Video Call, we will get 30 minutes to build the best gingerbread house using the kit and ANYTHING you wish to from around your house. We will name the theme at the beginning of the call.
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP IS FRIDAY DECEMBER 3RD.
Every family will showcase their creation after we are finished. Should be tons of fun! Click here to register and to receive a gingerbread kit:
We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season. On Friday December 10th, we will be serving our Conway staff and teachers a holiday lunch consisting of main entrees, side dishes and desserts. Please have all luncheon items to the school by 8:30 am on Friday December 10th.
In addition, each staff member will select a gift card from our gift card tree. In order to make this event a success, we need your help! Please consider purchasing a gift card or two to add to the tree. Gift cards may be sent dropped of in the office or sent in with your student. Please have all gift cards to the school by Wednesday, December 8th.
- November 28 - December 4: We will be holding a fundraiser event at FIVE BELOW. FIVE BELOW is the best place to get COOL stuff for LOW prices and raise money for our school!! Did you know that FIVE BELOW carries school supplies, technology accessories, books, games, sporting goods, clothing, hobbies, collectibles, bath and body, candy, snacks and beverages, room decor, storage, seasonal items, and sooooooo much more!! A must stop for your gift and stocking needs is at FIVE BELOW. Where whatever you got, will buy alot!! Flyers will be going home with your kiddos this week!
- Please Join the PTA: Our PTA is incredible but they need YOU. Please consider joining at https://www.conwayespta.com/join. There are some perks as well besides just helping out Conway. You can also find the flyer attached.
How to Translate Smore
- How to Translate Smore newsletters: If you would like to translate this newsletter into another language, please click on these links for directions on how to do that. Directions in English click here. Directions in Espanol click here. Directions in Pashto click here . Directions in Dari click here.
Need Help with Transportation: Click here for free help: https://www.rappahannockunitedway.org/get-help/transportation/
Food Pantry: Every Tuesday behind St. George's Church (downtown Fredericksburg) from 12-2 pm they provide free fresh produce donated from local farms. In addition, families/individuals can obtain dairy products, bread, and meats - all for free. But you must arrive early to get these limited items. The Fred bus stops at the church. Click Here for more details:
The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank (FRFB) is excited to open their newest program, OrderAhead, to anyone in need of food assistance. OrderAhead allows the convenience of online supplemental grocery ordering and scheduled pickup at the FRFB warehouse or Love Thy Neighbor pantry in King George. For more information on OrderAhead, call (540) 621-5155.
FredFoodVA: Download this App to locate all of the food resources in the area.
- Family Resource Access Line - This free communication tool helps provide equitable access to SCPS resources. Families may leave a message for translators in seven native languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Pashto, Spanish, and Urdu. Translators will return your call in 2 business days. To access this service, please call (571) 492-9270.
This feedback button will be here every week. Please use it to commend a teacher or staff member or provide feedback to help us get better at serving your family and kiddo.