5th Grade News!
For the Week of March 16-20
- Reviewing and preparing for the STAAR Reading Test
- Drafting and publishing our biographical essay
***Grammar Quiz on Thursday, March 26- Indefinite Pronouns***
- Investigating inherited traits
Reviewing concepts in preparation for the STAAR Math Test
- Identifying, discussing, and analyzing events during the Civil War
***Quiz over Civil War (OPEN NOTE) on Tuesday, March 24***
Information and News
Read, Deed, Run
Read, Deed, Run is continuing to collect snack pouches, drink pouches, used markers, glue sticks, glue bottles, and ink cartridges. These can be sent to school in a baggie at any time this school year.
Core Essential for March - PATIENCE
Wear PINK on Fridays in honor of this month's Core Essential.
- Reading STAAR Test - Tuesday, March 31
- Howlapalooza - April 10 (5pm-8pm)
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG