The Grizzlies Den
Twenty Third Issue - Week of January 30- February 3, 2023
Location: 1390 West Randall Avenue, Colton, CA, USA
Phone: (909) 421-7620
Message from Mrs. Rodriguez
Dear Garcia Grizzly Family,
Happy Lunar New Year! The 15 day New Year celebration is almost coming to a close! We will continue to learn more about this tradition that is celebrated throughout the world. Our students will experience a Chinese Dragon parade put together by some of our 5th grade and Kinder buddies on February 3. We are all very excited to experience this wonderful event!
Thank you to all who supported our school at the Rialto Parent Summit! We will await to see if our school won any recognitions for our participation at the Parent Summit! We will announce when we hear anything! Our booth looked amazing, our cheerleaders, ballet folklorico, students, families and staff showed up in full force! Thank you so much!
This coming week, our Breakfast with My Parents Data Chats will continue with 4th, 5th and Kindergarten. We have been announcing these for several weeks - they are mandatory for all parents to attend. Next week 4th grade is scheduled for Tuesday 1-31-23 & 5th grade is on Wednesday 2-1-23 - that is next week! Kinder is scheduled on Friday 1-3-23. First Grade is on Friday, February 10. Please register on the QR Codes included on the flyers. Come to school with your student on the morning for your grade level and enjoy breakfast with your child and see the progress they are making in reading and math. All students at each grade level will be participating, please make sure you join your student so they will be with a parent or guardian. This is a morning where parents & guardians need to be with their student. We will be discussing academic progress in iReady in Reading & Math.
Please remember and know our goals for our 3rd-5th grade California Assessment of Student Performance & Progress C.A.A.S.P.P. (state exams) are:
English Language Arts: 37% proficient or higher
Mathematics: 31% proficient or higher
Remember what our theme is this school year! It's all about making good decisions, being critical thinkers, practicing and correcting ourselves when we make mistakes.
Level Up Grizzlies!
Some updates and reminders that are of importance are:
- Breakfast with My Parents - Data Chat Meetings begin this week for 4th, 5th and Kinder. We'll review the goals we set after iReady Diagnostic #1 and look at Diagnostic #2.
- Black History Month is happening during the month of February. Be on the look out for school wide and district events.
Please follow us on Remind @2eke373, Twitter @garciagrizzlies, Instagram garciagrizzlies and Like us on Facebook. Please get connected with us and remember to LEVEL UP GRIZZLIES!
Happy Lunar New Year!
Your Proud Principal,
Updates From Mrs. Punchur
Happy Lunar New Year! TWe will all be participating in many activities at school and in our classrooms that will teach us about Lunar New Year and the countries that celebrate this wonderful and joyous holiday!
We expect to review the iReady data at our Breakfast with My Student data chats next week with 4th, 5th and kindergarten! These are mandatory for parents to attend with your students. Many of our students have grown so many points. Thank you families for your investment in your child's educational experience. It is so obvious that you have been talking to your children about the iReady lessons and encouraging them to read to you and to read independently.
Continue to remind your child about passing two iReady lessons in Math and Reading each week so that they can grow in the final iReady Diagnostic that we will take in May. We are going to have another big celebration for students who reach their goals.
Proud to be your assistant principal,
Information & Updates from the Rialto Unified School District's Curtis T. Winton Parent Institute
Thank you to the Garcia families that joined us at the Rialto USD Parent Summit!
We appreciate the staff and parent volunteers who came out to support our school at our booth! Ms. Lily, Ms. Ivonne, Ms. Guzman, Ms. Arias, Mrs. Aleman, Ms. Felix, and Mrs. De Loera were there supporting and helping our administration at our school booth and during the parade of schools! Thank you to our cheerleaders, ballet folklorico, Grizzlies and parents who came out and marched in the parade of schools! Garcia looked amazing! Parent volunteers also came through for us, Mrs. Green, Mr. Green, Ms. Sandra Amezcua, Brian Green (student) helped bring our items to Carter High School and set up our booth. Ms. Pantaleon made an amazing video that we showed at our booth! None of this incredible day would have been possible without their support! Ms. Debbie E. deserves a huge shout out for getting us our brand new EZ Up and Grizzly Mascot! Our school booth shined at the Rialto Parent Summit! We will share pictures as they come in!
Click on the link below to watch our Garcia Cheer Team find out about Nationals!
Coaches De Loera, Coach Mena and Coach Garcia have done it again! Our Garcia Cheerleaders found out at the Parent Summit that they qualified for Nationals! They will be competing on Feb 26 in Anaheim, California! Please join our Garcia family to support them! We will be sending out information on how to get to see them compete for another NATIONAL title! Congratulations girls!
A huge shout out to our Garcia Cheer Parents for supporting our team! We could not get to this level without your support. WE LOVE OUR CHEER MOMS, DADS, GRANDPARENTS, AND FAMILIES! WE ARE GOING TO NATIONALS!
School Video Created by Ms. Pantaleon for the Parent Summit School Booth!
Grizzlies! Please remember to meet our weekly goal on iReady!
Important Dates for January 2023
January 2023 - Happy New Year!
- January 10 First Day Back to School after Winter Break. It is regular day dismissal.
- January 11 Fire Drill
- January 13, 2023 All science fair projects are due to teachers for 4th & 5th Grade students and for those submitting an individual project for K-5th Grade.
- January 13 Intruder On Campus Drill
- Monday, January 16 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday - No School
- January 19, 2023 iReady Growth Party for students
- January 19, 2023 Garcia STEM Con - Science Fair Night 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm in Grizzly Hall
- January 20, 2023 Wear Red in Honor of the Lunar New Year Celebration
- January 20, 2023 Winning Science Projects must be delivered to the district
- January 22, 2023 Chinese New Year & Lunar New Year (Sunday)
- January 23, 2023 Minimum Day Dismissal
- January 23 Fire Drill - rescheduled
- January 23-27 District will judge science projects
- January 24 2nd Grade Breakfast with My Parents Meeting in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
- January 25 3rd Grade Breakfast with My Parents Meeting in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
- January 27, 2023 100 Days of School! We are celebrating 100 days of attending school! It's also a Spirit Day - Magical Day - Dress up as something magical from Disney, Harry Potter, Unicorns, Marvel etc.
- January 30, 2023 Minimum Day Dismissal 101 Days of School!
- January 31 4th Grade Breakfast with My Parents Meeting in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
- February 1 5th Grade Breakfast with My Parents Meeting in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
- February 3 Kindergarten Breakfast with My Parent & Super Reader in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
- February 10 First Grade Breakfast with My Parent & Super Reader in Grizzly Hall - Check in at 7:45 am with your students
Looking Ahead in January:
Breakfast with My Parents Data Chat Meetings will be taking place in January & February. Please save these dates:
Check in with your student at 7:45 am
Breakfast at 8:00 am & Activities from 8:15 - 9:15am
2nd Grade: January 24
3rd Grade: January 25
4th Grade: January 31
5th Grade: February 1
Kinder & 1st Super Reader Workshops
Check in with your student at 7:45 am
Breakfast at 8:00 am & Activities from 8:15 - 9:15am
February 3 Kindergarten
February 10 First Grade
News from our PTA
This is a friendly reminder from our PTA that the T-Shirt pre-order needs to be turned in by February 1st. You can submit your payment via Zelle or by cash. Any orders received after February 1st will be turned in at a later date that has not yet been determined. If you have any questions, please contact our Garcia PTA at their email address: email@example.com
February is Black History Month
Thank you to all the 2nd & 3rd grade parents and guardians who joined us!
4th Grade Breakfast with My Parent
5th Grade Breakfast with My Parent
Super Reader & Breakfast with My Parents for Kinder and First Grade
Plan for Our Garcia Spirit Days This Year!
Garcia School Safety
Lobby Guard for Parents & School Visitors to Sign In
We use Lobby Guard system to sign in parents, volunteers and visitors here on campus.
- Please have your identification ready so you can use it when you sign in.
- The computer is located on the front counter in the office.
- You will need to sign out using Lobby Guard with your printed visitor pass when you leave.
Garcia Library Morning & Afternoon Hours
Parent Teacher Association News & Events
PTA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Parent Meetings -Please Join Us!
School Site Council Meetings 22-23
Coffee with the Principal Hybrid Meetings 22-23
Coffee with the Principal
School Site Council SSC
English Learner Advisory Committee E.L.A.C.
African American Parent Advisory Council A.A.P.A.C.
Garcia African American Parent Advisory Council Bylaws
Click on the link to join us at our A.A.P.A.C. meetings this year!
Learn More About our District African American Parent Advisory Council D.A.A.P.A.C & Garcia's A.A.P.A.C.
Rialto USD Parent Committee Meetings 2022-2023 - District Level
Afternoon Dismissal Plan for Garcia
This is a friendly reminder that during Afterschool Dismissal, all parking lots, drive thru zones are closed. If you see that the cones or barricades are not up, they are still closed at dismissal times. This is for student safety. Thank you for understanding and supporting our efforts to keep our walking students and parents safe.