Media Center Monthly
Mauldin Elementary School Jan. 2016
In Jan. we taught 67 classes!
- In kindergarten, we read about snow, Martin Luther King Jr., and started talking about how books are organized in the library
- In first grade, we learned about biographies and looked up books on the computer for the first time by ourselves!
- In second grade we took an assessment on fiction genres and began learning about nonfiction and the Dewey Decimal system
- In fifth grade, we talked about proper research practices, including finding out if a source is credible, how to take notes in our own words, and citing sources for our science projects.
In other business...
We checked out 7005 items!
4197 to students.
We troubleshot or placed tickets for 30 problems.
We added 83 materials to our collection and weeded 130 old books.
Special Projects this month
- Library redesign: A special thanks to Mr. Z and his crew and all our parent volunteers who helped with this!
- We began Battle of the Books practice. Go Mighty Eagles!
Rebecca Roper, Media Specialist, 355-7288, email@example.com