MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF December 6
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Winter Dress/Mask: Parents, we have noticed that some of our students are coming to school without their masks, and though we are diligent in providing masks to our students, students are expected to come to school with a fitted mask. The number of masks provided by Cumberland County Schools is not unlimited. During the Winter Break, please remind your child about keeping up with their mask and making sure they are wearing them at all appropriate times. Please remind your students to keep up with their winter coats and jackets as we go into Winter Break. Lastly, if your student exhibit any symptoms, including Fever of 100.4 or higher, a continual cough, shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, chills, runny nose, nausea, or vomiting, and diarrhea, please keep them home.
- Daily Attendance: For the last few years, one of Cumberland County School's slogans has been "Every Minute Counts." This school year, this has been especially true for our learners. Please be reminded that the instructional day starts at 8:30 AM, and the students must arrive on time to take full advantage of the allotted instructional time. We also encourage families to allow the students to show up daily and stay during the entire instructional day. We understand that emergencies and issues concerning private families matters occur. However, it would benefit our students if they could take advantage of the entire instructional day. Please remind our car riders that all students should be picked up from Montclair no later than 3:30. We understand that things do occur at last-minute notice. Still, arrangements will need to be made before dismissal if you cannot pick up your child at the designated time. All staff members can leave at 3:25, and our school closes at 4:00. So we need each child picked up on time.
- Smart Snack Guidelines: Please be mindful of the CDC Smart Snacks Guidelines when providing snacks to your child's classroom. Smart Snacks in School nutrition standards include fat, sugar, sodium, and calorie content limits.
- Winter Break/December 17: On Friday, December 17, all Cumberland County Schools will operate on a 2 hour Early Release. Parents, please make sure that you make arrangements to receive your children early that day.
- K-12 Brainfuse and Canvas Integration-To provide extra help and support to students and families, we want to give every opportunity possible for students to receive additional enrichment. We will now incorporate our county-provided tutoring vendor, Brainfuse, into the Canvas platform to provide students with an easier and more accessible way to use this service.
A Message from Administration
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie Principal Resident-Kacheckia Dewitt/Principal Intern-Geraldine Meadows
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Principal Resident-Kacheckia Dewitt/Principal Intern-Geraldine Meadows
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
- The enhancement of positive character traits
- Achievement of academic excellence
- Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.