The Viking View Families
To translate this newsletter please click on the image that looks like the one below or the small circle of the person on a phone.
From the desk of Principal Williams
We are excited to host another vaccination clinic this Friday, December 10th from 2:20-5:30pm. Below are some informational videos for more information regarding the vaccine. We hope to see you there, vaccines are available for kids 5 and up as well as adult vaccines and boosters. There will even be flu shots available. Please help us spread the word.
Steele Lane needs your help with a few reoccurring issues we are having at school. Please help support us by having a conversation with your student regarding the following;
-Please do not bring large bags of chips or food to share with anyone else.
-Cell phone use while on campus is not allowed. If your student needs to bring their phone to school they are to leave it in their backpacks during school hours. If their phone is out during school hours it can be collected and held till the end of the school day. If your student is a repeat offender I will hold the phone in the office and have an adult come and pick it up.
We appreciate the partnership in the education of our school community.
With much gratitude,
Boys and Girls Club Waitlist
COVID Information from SRCS
COVID testing for people with symptoms
- Contact your healthcare provider, or
- Visit a free Sonoma County Testing Location
- NEW! Students who are feeling sick or are sent home from the isolation tent can now receive a free no-appointment needed COVID-19 test on Monday or Friday mornings.
- Drive-through testing for people with symptoms
- Lewis Early Learning Academy, 2230 Lomitas Avenue
- Mondays and Fridays, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- More information: Flyer in English and Spanish
- Click here for Sonoma County COVID-19 Testing & Tracing Information: in English | in Spanish
COVID testing for students and staff without symptoms (asymptomatic)
- Voluntary COVID testing of students and staff without symptoms is located at Lewis Early Learning Academy, Monday- Thursday, 2:30-5:00pm, Registration required.
- Without symptoms, many people with COVID-19 infections aren’t even aware they are carriers of the virus. As a result, they may not be taking the necessary precautions to isolate themselves and protect others.
- More information: English Flyer | Spanish Flyer
More information is available on our website: srcschools.org/covid-19
Please do not send your student to school if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Support projects created by our educators
ParentSquare is super important for our school community. It is how we primarily communicate.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified. If you need support signing up for ParentSquare please call our office at 707-890-3945 to set up an appointment.
Log into ParentSquare today. If you are new to ParentSquare, click here for instructions (English/español). If you need more information visit this webpage from Santa Rosa City Schools.