La Charla Con Sra. Chaney
Week 17 - Randolph Middle 2015-2016 - Q2
Happy New Year! ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
- Welcome to 2016! Up first for the year is the end of 2nd quarter on Friday, this week. See the schedule of assignments below for exactly what assignments will be closing.
- I have gotten many questions recently about the weight of individual assignments. Olease see grade breakdown below:
Assignments in this course are broken down into the following percentages:
• Participation (includes Getting Started, eLinguafolio, and RLC) 10%
• Speaking and Listening Assignments (Hablar and Escuchar) 15%
• Reading and Writing Assignments (Leer and Escribir) 15%
• Vocabulary Quizzes (Pruebas de Vocabulario) 20%
• Cultural activities (Actividades Culturales) 15%
• Summative Projects (Proyectos Finales) 25%
Reminder about Academic Integrity
Things to keep in mind:
- All students get multiple submissions on any speaking, writing or projects. They will get custom teacher feedback and then can resubmit the assignment after making changes.
- If a student is suspected of using a translator/outside resource the teacher will leave the student feedback saying that they need to be called by that student.
- If a translator/outside resource is used the student will receive a ZERO on the assignment and have to re-do it for a maximum of 70% on the assignment.
Resources students CAN USE to help them:
- Vocabulary lists for each unit contain all vocabulary and structures needed for that unit's assignments
- Their online teacher using appropriate contact methods (Moodle message, Blackboard IM, call or text during appropriate hours)
- The NCVPS Peer Tutoring Center
To read more about Academic Integrity and NCVPS click here:
Mrs. Kellie Chaney
Office Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 2-5pm
During office hours Mrs. Chaney can be reached via call, text, Blackboard IM or iMessage. If students are not able to communicate with Mrs. Chaney during this time they can set up another time via Moodle message or text.