2. W.E.B believed that music was a big part of black culture so he started each chapter with a line from a he started every class with a class "Sorrow Song".
3.While many contemporary scholars will argue that the Civil War was fought for a variety of reasons, W.E.B disagrees with them all in The Souls of Black Folk and argues that slavery was the main reason for the Civil War.
4. W.E.B taught at Wilberforce University in Ohio for only $800.00 a year.
5. W.E.B died a day before the “I have a Dream” speech.
6. W.E.B 34 and published has first book called The Souls of Black Folk.
7. 41 years after W.E.B published the Souls of Black Folk the National Negro Network (a network of radio stations) was formed.
8.When asked what W.E.B Think about the 50th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education, David Lewis (Du Bois biographer) notes that Du Bois thought from the start that the court’s ruling would be a disappointment.
9.He co-founded the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in 1909.
10. After earning his bachelor's degree at Fisk, Du Bois entered Harvard University.