Student Bulletin - May 14, 2023
- Summer 2023 Washington D.C. Trip / Departure meeting (7:00PM) @ ETMS Library
- 5/23-5/25 Finals
- 5/23 & 5/24 The SpongeBob Musical Awards Show (7:00PM) @ ETMS Main Gym
- 5/25 Last day of school / Early Release (12:55PM) - lunch will not be served
GENERAL INFORMATION & UPDATES
Final Exams: May 23 - May 25
Early finals requests were due to Dr. Morehead on Friday, May 12.
Clubs - All Grades
- Bison Smart - see Mrs. Surface, 7:40-8:05 AM
- Card Sharks - 5/16, 3:30-4:30 PM
- Dungeons & Dragons - 5/18, 3:30-5:00 PM
- Future Teachers - see Mrs. Russell, 7:30-8:05 AM
BISON BRAGS & CELEBRATIONS
8th Grade Bison Band Takes 1st Place!
8th Grade Orchestra wins 1st place!
8th Grade Select Choir
Congratulations, Ms. Hardt!
Outdoor Learning Patios
Think First Assembly
REMINDERS & REPEATED ITEMS
THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL AWARDS SHOW
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea and became the hottest star on Broadway? Why, it's SpongeBob SquarePants! And now he’s ready to ride the wave to our ETMS theatre to entertain and delight audiences in this brilliant, bright, hilarious and brand-new musical.
Showtimes: May 23rd & May 24th at 7:00PM
Tickets may be purchased here online or at the door for $7.00
ETMS GOES TO NEW YORK 2024!
Educational travel with your fellow Bison!
Every trip is a journey of possibilities. Students will be immersed in history, culture, and art. Students grow by bringing learning to life—new ideas, new friends, and the memories of a lifetime. This trip is open to next year's 6th-8th grade students.
Students on our educational adventure get to experience the historical and cultural significance of New York City. We will have the opportunity to see how the history of our nation is deeply rooted in this city as well as the cultural impact this city continues to have on our nation.
We will see sights ranging from central park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art to the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street to the top of the Empire State Building and an NBC Studio Tour to Times Square including two Broadway shows.
Please visit bit.ly/etmstrip for more information or reach out to Kenny.Taylor@lsr7.net.
LSR7 SPORTS PHYSICAL CLINIC
LSR7 Sports Physical Clinic
When: July 18th, 2023
Where: Lee's Summit North HS l (East Entrance-Fieldhouse Entrance)
Time: 4:00-7:00 pm
Who: R-7 SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
Entering Grades 6th-12th for the 2023-24 school year
Cost: $30.00- Please bring $30 in cash or check. You may pay online using a card.
The cost will be $32.23 ($30 + the CC fee).
Register: Register online through Signup Genius- limited to 208 participants.
**Please print and bring a copy of your Pre-participation history forms
from your student’s Final Forms profile with you or a hard copy
of pages 1 & 2 from the new MSHSAA Physical Form.
The Medical Provider must see this to approve your student's physical.
ie: no Starbucks, Gatorade, slushies, any colored drink
If students have an outside drink with them, they will be asked to discard the drink when entering the building.
DRESS CODE REMINDER
- Clothing must be free from display or advertisement of any alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, violence, sexual innuendo, gambling, or reference to gang affiliation.
- Clothing must be free from depictions or illustrations that demean or negatively represent any gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Clothing that results in inappropriate skin or undergarment exposure many not be worn at school (backless, garments not covering midriff or sides, etc.).
- Clothing/accessories must be free from items which present a safety issue (chains, spikes, dangerous jewelry, safety pins, etc.).
- Shoes must be worn.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must sit neatly at the waist.
- Hats may only be worn during special occasions or activities.
- Coats must be stored in lockers prior to the start of school.
CAR RIDER DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Please do not use the west entrance - this will be blocked, and only buses will be allowed through.
- Students are not allowed to cross into the parking lot; please use the green car rider line for drop-off and pick-up.
- Morning drop-off time is 8:05 am (9:05 am on Fridays). Please do not release students until instructed by a staff member.
7th Graders = Updated Vaccine Records
Parents/Guardians of Current 7th grade students!
Please send/email any updated vaccine records you may have for next year to the health room. Each 8th grade student will need to be compliant with Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines prior to the start of 8th grade. Please send those records to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also bring the records to the school and let the front office staff know it is for the health room, if that is preferred.
Christie Netterville, BSN, RN
East Trails Middle School Health Room
Box Tops for Education
School ID: 9684109