Description and Responsibility
A social worker helps people cope with problems in their everyday lives.
- They respond to crisis situations
- May have to visit clients
- May need to work unusual hours and holidays
- Bachelor's degree in social work
- Licensed- usual requires a masters degree
- 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience after graduation.
The normal salary a social worker earns in around $44,200 per year.
Most social workers go to the client, depending on what type of social work they choose. It is not typically a job you would stay at home for, or work in an office. Most social workers go visit their clients at hospitals, or even their homes.
Most social workers enjoy their job because of the effect they have on other peoples lives.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Listening skills
Opportunities for Advancement
Most jobs in social work only require a bachelors degree, but it looks a lot better if one has a masters degree in social work and they get more job opportunities.
Advantages of Occupation
- Working with others
- Improving someones life
- Travelling and not staying in one place