By: Maihan waizi
What are contact lenses and what are they used for?
How do contact lenses work?
Advantages and disadvantages of contact lenses?
Advantages of contact lenses:
- Contact lenses provide predictable vision correction.
- They eliminate the need to wear eyeglasses all the time.
- Contacts provide better side vision than eyeglasses.
- A wide range of lens types is available to meet individual needs.
- Can change eye color
- Some people prefer the way they look when wearing contacts rather than eyeglasses.
Disadvantages of contact lenses:
- Cleaning and disinfecting your lenses can be complicated and inconvenient. You need good hand-eye coordination to clean, insert, and remove the lenses.
- There is an increased risk of corneal infections, scratches, and scrapes.
- Lenses can be easily damaged or lost.
- Some people can't wear contact lenses comfortably. After going through the initial discomfort and expense of contact lenses, some people continue to find them uncomfortable.
- Can cause dry eyes
Pros and Cons of Contact Lenses-Topic Overview. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pros-and-cons-of-contact-lenses-topic-overview
Heiting, G. (n.d.). When Were Contact Lenses Invented? Retrieved from http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/faq/when-invented.htm