Building Our Future
DJUSD Bond Program Newsletter
Thank You for Measure M
In November 2018, Davis voters passed Measure M, a $150 million school facilities bond measure to upgrade schools for safety and 21st century learning. More information can be found on the Measure M website.
DJUSD Bond Program- $226 Million
Measure M funds, along with additional facility dollars, constitute the current DJUSD Bond Program that together amounts to approximately $226 million. Bond sales will occur over the course of the next four years. In February 2019, DJUSD saw the first successful bond sale that enabled our school District to begin work with the first $50 million of our Bond Program, referred to as Group 1 Bond Projects, to address safety projects, elementary multi-purpose rooms and more!
Group 1 Bond Projects
Bond projects include Districtwide projects such as hydration stations and school campus access improvements and site-specific projects such as new two multipurpose rooms, Emerson/Da Vinci Junior Highs science labs, and Da Vinci High campus renovations and construction.
Group 2 and Group 3 Projects
Groups 2 and 3 Bond projects include Willett MPR, North Davis Elementary MPR, Davis Senior High School STEM Building and Aquatics Center and other projects throughout the District.
Learn more about all DJUSD Bond Projects.
Brand New Preschool Campus Facility Coming to Korematsu Elementary as Part of DJUSD Bond Program
The H2O Flow
Over Winter Break, the installation of a Hydration Station at King High School was completed. More Hydration station installations at various school sites are in planning and will follow throughout the year. For updates and more information, visit our Bond News Feed.
Emerson/DVJH Science Lab Project Update
Community meetings to discuss the new science labs at Emerson/Da Vinci Junior High School took place on Tuesday, January 14. Each classroom will be 1,440 square feet and will include eight dedicated lab stations as well as flexible furniture to support lecture and small group instruction. In addition to the new science labs, two dedicated science preparation rooms and student/staff restrooms will be provided. Tree removal and mitigation plans began in late January. Utilize our Bond Timeline to follow this project more closely.
Willett MPR Project Timing Under Consideration
Public Outreach for Bond Projects
Other Facility Work
New Turf Ready to Roll!
Construction crews took advantage of the good weather over the winter break to complete the replacement of the old synthetic turf field at Davis Senior High School. The field was completed two weeks ahead of schedule, approximately ten percent under budget and opened on January 30. Thank you for all of your patience during this transition time. Let's play!
Da Vinci Junior High School Administration Building Replacement
Facilities Subcommittee Meeting
District Office- Large Conference Rm., 526 B St., Davis, CA 95616
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Korematsu Elementary Preschool Relocation Community Meetings
Korematsu Elementary Library- 3100 Loyola Dr., Davis, CA 95618
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:30-5:00 p.m. OR 5:30-7:00 p.m.
A Look Ahead
In the coming issues of Building Our Future, DJUSD will highlight more Bond Projects including:
Groundbreaking at Emerson/Da Vinci Junior High
- César Chávez MPR Project update
- District Solar Master Plan
- DJUSD Bond Project Location Map- new interactive way to find out what is happening and where!
- New Hydration Station Locations
- Bond Website: Find information on all things DJUSD Bond Program, including information on bond projects, presentations, bond news stories and more!
- Bond Calendar: View all of our previous and upcoming meetings about our various bond projects.
- Bond Public Outreach: Our public outreach website explains our detailed communication plan that will be followed for each bond project.
- Social Media: Follow DJUSD on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional highlights and pictures of our bond projects.#DJUSDBond
- Contact us with questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invite your friends and neighbors to subscribe for this e-newsletter!