Little Panther News
Info for little panthers and their families!
Issue #13, April 3, 2020
The news over the past several weeks has been troublesome for all of us and it has forced us to create a "new normal". I am so impressed with all of the hard work you are all doing at home to keep our little panthers learning!
Our staff met today to begin our plan for student engagement and learning in the months to come. We are working hard to connect and support our littles during this time. We also want to support our families through learning experiences that are "do-able" and stress-free. It is a balancing act. Please know that being present with your child(ren) is the most important thing you can do right now. Make sure they know how important and loved they are. Read, play, laugh, run outside and feel the sunshine on your face! Reading, singing, reciting nursery rhymes, and playing games are all valuable learning experiences for children. Your children will also benefit from helping out around the house -- it develops and strengthens their sense of belonging and generosity.
Next week is spring break . . . no new work will be posted here. I'll let you know if there are any new stories to hear or videos to watch (I'll message you on SimplyCircle). Again, it is a great week to play! If you haven't yet looked at the "Stay-at-Home Care Package" linked below by Mrs. Bingaman, next week might be the perfect time!
Many parents have asked how they can talk to their child about Coronavirus. Easter Seals and the Illinois Autism Partnership have shared a great resource . . . check out the "My Social Distancing Story" link below. It is an easily understood story you can share with your child.
If you haven't yet watched our Little Panther Welcome Back Fall 2019 video (below), take a minute and watch with your child. From the staff at South Elementary, WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
Be safe and healthy!
Carole Fetke, Principal
"My Social Distancing Story"
Mrs. Tag & Zaki
Snuggling up for a picture!
Maddy & Clayton Schmidt
Helping in the kitchen!
Mrs. Iliff & Maddox & Harrison
Outside on a beautiful sunny day!
A HUGE thank you to the bus drivers and food service workers for providing meals! You are all so appreciated!
CELEBRATIONS . . .
- On Saturday, Jackson Halamka and Micah Halquist celebrate their birthday! Happy birthday guys!
- On Sunday, David Kerr celebrates his birthday -- happy birthday David!
- The "Little Panther News" has been viewed over 1,500 times!!
- More than 20,000 meals have been delivered!!! Nice job Food Service and Transportation team!
- FAMILIES . . . I want to continue to celebrate ALL of you!!! You have been doing such a great job engaging your little panthers at home! I am continually amazed by your posts on SimplyCircle showing all of the learning experiences that are happening daily! Keep up the good work!
- Keep posting your learning experiences on SimplyCircle! We are so excited about all of the ways you are growing your brains while at home!
Shared by Mrs. Bingaman . . .
Guest Reader . . .
A message from Mr. Mattson . .
Staff read alouds . . .
Week #3 Work: Young 5s
Week #3 Work: Kindergarten
Week #3 Work: 1st Grade
Week #3 Work: 2nd Grade
Here are some free online resources . . .
Schools closed due to the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak can take advantage of a multitude of free online learning resources. Find them all here.
These resources can help children continue developing their handwriting skills.
For families enrolling a child who will be 5 on or before December 1, 2020. (Current Young 5s families do NOT need to do this process -- we have your info!).