Week of 10/7/19
I hope you all enjoyed your five day weekend! Next Monday, October 14th, there will be also be no school.
Have a great week!
Thank you Students, Families, Teachers, Staff, and Volunteers for helping make the Fun Run a HUGE success!! Because of you, we surpassed our goal! We had pledges from 34 States and 4 Countries - Nigeria, Iran, Romania and of course the USA!!
Since we opened up pledging one week early this year and had so many participants, Boosterthon had to order more prizes. Because of our school break, prizes will be delivered Tuesday.
Thank you again for all of the support we received during this event!!
TOP winners will be announced soon!
Friday, October 18th at 5-8pm is our annual Harvest Festival! This is one of our most popular and well-attended family events of the year, so get your bracelets now! Cash accepted at the “door”. We will have a pre-paid line and in-person payment line to speed up entry. https://squareup.com/store/twelve-bridges-elementary-ptc/
Tickets on sale now! One bracelet gets you access to unlimited games, prizes and activities (kids 3 and under are free). Come hungry! Food trucks will be on site (food cost separate). 20% of the food proceeds go back to the school! Fantastic DJ, inflatables, trackless train, some old and new games, amazing vendors and a silent auction!
Calling all Vendors! Please contact Leah Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in this big family event. No businesses duplicated. First come first served.
Harvest Festival volunteers are needed! One hour shifts. The PTC would like to ask any parents or grandparents who are available to help during the festival to please contact Leah Bassett at email@example.com to sign up.
Cake Walk desserts are needed! It wouldn't be a Harvest Festival without the cake walk! Anyone who can donate cookies, brownies, cupcakes or cakes for the cake walk please drop off your donations at the front office between the dates of 10/16-10/18 (no nuts please). This year we ask that you separate the smaller baked goods such as cookies/brownies/etc. into smaller portions (small wrapped plates or disposable containers work well). Do not drop off desserts any earlier than the 16th or later than 10am on the 18th.
We are excited for our fall family night!!
Week At A Glance
- School Not in Session
- Art with Tara 2:40-4 (Art Room)
- 2:45 Tiger Crew (Room 205)
- 2:50 Early Engineers (Room 309)
- Spirit day wear Green or Yellow
Veterans Day Assembly Photos Needed by 10/28/19
Volunteers for ROAR Store
Dear TBE Families,
We would love to have our ROAR store open every Friday. Our ROAR store is open on Fridays during 1st through 5th grade lunch recess. Please consider signing up for one of our open slots. The ROAR store only happens once a week on Fridays and if we do not have volunteers the store has to be closed.
If you are interested but have questions, please email Kathleen Cummings at Kcummings@wpusd.org.
The link is:https://signup.com/go/toesOCq
Adopt a Planter
ADOPT A PLANTER!!!!!
Please consider “Stepping Up” to adopt a planter for the school year. Your job will be basic maintenance of your area. Checking for weeds, removing leaves, trash, branches etc.
Your participation is greatly appreciated. It’s a way to model community service to your kids.
Let’s continue having the OUTSIDE of the school reflect the great things happening INSIDE!
For more information, please contact Ashley Indrieri at (530) 844-2310.
Down The Road
- 10/14 School not in session (Staff Development day)
- 10/18 Harvest Festival 5:00-8:00
- 10/24 Make up Pictures
- 11/5 Father/Son Laser Tag @Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00
- 11/7 Veterans Day Assembly
- 11/11 Veterans Day No School
- 11/18-22 Early Release Day's 12:30 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/25-29 Thanskgiving Break
- 12/9-13 Book Fair
- 12/16-20 Early Release Days 1:40
- 12/17 Family Paint Night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 12/23-1/5 Winter Break
- 1/20 Martin Luther King Day No School
- 1/24 BINGO & Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
- 2/11 Mother/Daughter Paint night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 2/13,14,17 School not in session
- 2/24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
- 3/7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/30-4/3 Book Fair
- 4/2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
- 4/6-13 Spring Break
- 4/22/23 Starstruck, two performances 6:00pm & 7:00pm
- 5/4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/18-5/22 5th Grade Trip
- 5/25 Memorial Day No School
- 6/1-5 Early Release Days 1:40
Field Trips 2019-2020
- 10/15 Mandel's class to Coloma 8:30-2:30
- 10/24 4th, 5th & Mandel to B Street Theatre 8:00-12:00
- 12/13 2nd Grade to Roseville Theater 8:20-10:20
- 1/28 1st Grade to Roseville Theater 9:15-11:30
- 3/19 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center Gutierrez/Munno 8:30-11
- 3/25 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 3/26 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center 8:30-11 Snodgrass/Williamson
- 3/27 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 5/1 1st Grade to Roller King 9:15-1:30
- 5/5 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Andrews & Sanchez/Snook)
- 5/6 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Evangelisti & Villa)
Event Calendar 2019-2020
Oct 18 Harvest Festival 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 5 Father/Son Laser Tag @ Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 7 Veterans Day Assembly
Dec 9 – 13 Book Fair
Dec 17 Family Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Jan 24 BINGO and Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
Feb 11 Mother/Daughter Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Feb 24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
Mar 7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Mar 28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Apr 2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
Mar 30 - Apr 3 Book Fair
Apr 22-23 Starstruck, two Performances: 6:00pm and 7:00pm
May 4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
PTC Meetings will be held monthly on Mondays. See dates listed below:
3:00-3:30 General Meeting w/parents
3:30-4:00 Board Meeting
Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, Mar 30-Board Elections, May 4-Calendar Meeting 2020-2021 school year, June TBD-Budget Meeting 2020-2021 school year
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Leah Bassett, PTC President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting an Absence
How to Report Absences:
We have 3 ways you can report absences:
1. Absence voice mail: (916)434-5210
2. Email: email@example.com
3. Download the TBE App –
Click on Absences icon on bottom of screen
Complete and Submit
Please try to contact school before 9:00am on day of absence when possible
A doctor’s note is asked for all medical appointments where the student misses school time or 3 or more consecutive illness days.
Dear TBES students, families, and staff,
It is time to start collecting box tops for education. We are expecting great things with box tops this year!
A collection sheet with a letter was sent home on Friday. Please be sure to read the letter. Changes with how box tops will be collected have been implemented. We have already collected 75 box tops, $7.50 for this school year.
If you have any questions or concerns about collecting box tops for TBES please feel free to call, text or email me.
Thank you for your help and support in earning money for our school.
TBES Box Top coordinator,