Portland State University
BASIC SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Located in Portland, Oregon.
- Business, Management, and Marketing Programs.
- Majors such as Business Administration, International Business/ Trade/ Commerce/, and Real Estate.
- Science, Psychology, and Criminal Justice majors offered as well.
- Tuition: On campus yearly - $23,634 Off Campus yearly - $25,724
- About $94,536 for 4 years of college
- 3.0+ GPA, 2 years of foreign language, SAT Reading - 470-590. SAT Math - 460-570. SAT Writing - 440-560. ACT: 19-25
- Acceptance Rate: 86%
- 19 to 1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- "Only 16.8% of students graduate from Portland State University on-time (two or four years depending on the degree) and only 42.0% graduate at all, ranking this school below average in both categories when compared nationally."
- 28,076 students
Fun things to do in Portland, Oregon:
- Washington Park
- Chinese Garden
- Oregon Zoo
- Portland Art Museum
- Hoyt Arboretum
- Oaks Amusement Park
- Portland International Raceway
- Mediterranean Climate
- Dry Warm Summers
- Mild Winters
- Temperature varies between 33-82 degrees Fahrenheit during the year
- Average Rainfall of 41.96 inches a year
- 142 days of at least partial sunlight a year.
- 110 miles from the Pacific Ocean
- Between two mountain ranges,
- The Cascade Range to the East, and the lower Coast Range to the West.
- City is divided by the Willamette River
Paying for College:
I plan on paying for college through:
- Survivors & Dependents Education Assistance Program (DEA): Full time college, $1027 per month for up to 45 months.
- Financial Aid
- FAFSA, turn in deadline: June 30th
- Scholarships: Complete scholarship packet and return it to Coleen Moore prior to February 5th.
- Student Loans
- Aaron Anderson Memorial
- Charles & Emma Lou Cooley Memorial
- Criswell Scholarship
- Dale Boothe Memorial Scholarship
- and more.
Achieving Post High School Goals
My goals for my last year of high school include:
- Maintaining a high GPA
- Continue FBLA
- Take ACT/SAT
Classes I will take that will help with my college goals:
- AP Statistics
- German II
- Marketing II
- Advanced Computer Apps
Available Community Volunteer Work as Training
Grants Pass Chamber of Commerce:
Needs Volunteers 2-4 hours per week to:
- Help to increase and maintain membership and organize networking events.
- Research on venues, hotels, new business
- Correspondence to members
- General errands
- General office duties