Govind Joshi Period 6 01/25/2013
Education and Languages Spoken
Beaches and Resorts
Madeira Palacio Resort Hotel
This Beach Resort in Madeira is a great place for spending your summer vacation
- The oldest bookstore in the world is located in Lisbon, Portugal.
- The longest bridge in Europe, called the Vasco da Gama is located in Portugal.
- Portugal and United Kingdom have the oldest diplomatic alliance in the world called the Anglo-Portuguese. It was signed in 1373.
- Portugal put an end to slavery the earliest in 1761.
- Seafood is very important to Portugal's Heritage. Portugal is ranked 4th in fish consumption. Their usual food is Cod, or bacalhau.
- Lisbon is famous for its Museums such as the world-class Calouste Gulbenkian Museum and the outstanding Ancient Art Museum.
- The most popular sport in portugal is Football, AKA Futbol (Soccer).
- Every year, Portugal celebrates Freedom on April 25th. This day represents the change in the government of Portugal from a dictatorship to a democracy.
- Portugal day is celebrated on 10th June every year. It is a day when Portuguese across the world celebrate their heritage and cultural traditions.
Great, isn't it?
The World Factbook 2009. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency, 2009.
"ALGARVE TOURISM GUIDE." ALGARVE TOURISM. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2013.
"LISBON BEACHES." Lisbon BEACHES and the Lisbon Coast. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2013.
"PORTUGAL TOURISM GUIDE." PORTUGAL Tourism Guide: Tourist Sights & Attractions, Portugal Hotels, Top 10 Cities, Algarve, Madeira, Azores. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2013.