TLT NEWS YOU CAN USE
Teaching, Learning & Technology | December 2014
Important Due Dates
- TLT's Training Survey (see button below) - DECEMBER 12
- Un-grant Application - JANUARY 16
- DE Readiness Course "Summer" Application - APRIL 16
For more information, visit blogs.cofc.edu/tlt.
This (2-5 minute) survey provides faculty with the opportunity to request relevant training sessions that accommodate their busy schedules.
Click HERE to view a PDF of the newsletter.
Featured articles include:
- Getting Your Semester Started in OAKS!
- Dear TLT: Are There Any Note-Taking Apps That Sync With Videos?
- November Faculty Showcase Recap
Are You Using Poll Everywhere? It's Free!
Many SSM faculty use Poll Everywhere to engage their students. Are you interested?
Just email me, and I will add you to our site license. I will also provide you with a link to our comprehensive Poll Everywhere tutorial and training schedule.
Top 9 Ways Faculty Use Poll Everywhere
- Stimulate discussion
- Assess prior knowledge
- Confirm understanding
- Obtain personal opinions and experiences
- Facilitate peer instruction
- Evaluate student/group work
- Conduct research
- Establish a sense of community (e.g., selecting groups based on interests, voting, etc.)
- Take attendance
Questions for TLT?
To submit a question for TLT, please complete the following form: http://goo.gl/n1N2tq.
Please note: Questions will be answered on a first come, first-served basis and added to TLT’s blog as space permits. If you need an immediate response, please don't hesitate to contact me.