5H Weekly News
6th December 2015
A couple of notes for this week:
- On Thursday 10th December, the DLCs (Digital learning Coaches) are running a stand-alone after school coding session, in honor of the 'Hour of Code' initiative. This will be run in the Middle School Media Center at 3:15, and 5th graders are invited to attend and take part if they would like to.
- The Elementary School office has asked that parents who need to give their children a message before the end of the school day call the office before 1:45 pm if possible, so that the office can get the message to the students. It is harder for the office to locate students when they have gone to specialist lessons. So they feel that they need to have the message by 1:45 in order to pass it on.
Joshua gave an interesting, clear, and very well-prepared presentation about turtles. Well done, Joshua!
Jack continued to share his love of cars by showing a video and talking about Initial D, which is an illustrated Japanese sports series. Good job, Jack!
Willow Prize Winner
Jamie won the Willow Prize for the previous week. She worked hard, and showed that she is an excellent team worker. Well done, Jamie!
The Week Ahead
In writing students will finish drafting and revising their reports on climate change. We may be able to publish these reports before the end of the week.
In reading, we will definitely finish our novel study of The Witch of Blackbird Pond this week. We will do some work on the skill of summarizing the key ideas in a text/story.
'Hour of Code' will be happening this week. This is an initiative in which students around the world try a coding tutorial for an hour during the week beginning December 7th.
In band and choir there will be several extra practices this week, to prepare for the concert on Friday. See below for more information about the concert.
Band and Choir Concert Information
- Students should wear concert attire. This consists of:
Top: Solid white long sleeve button shirt or blouse/sweater
Bottom: black pants/skirt/leggings
Shoes: black closed toe, leather shoes (no sneakers/boots) black socks/tights
- Students should bring their instruments to school on Monday 7th, as extra practices will begin.
- Parents invited to attend.