Important Dates To Remember!
Monday, August 31
- K-2nd Chromebook Pickup at O'Henry 2:00-7:00
September 1-September 3
- Kinder-2nd Grade At-Home Resource Supply Pick-up 7:00-3:00
- K-2nd Chromebook Pickup at O'Henry 7:30-11:30
- Supply Distribution Day Make-Up Day 9:00-11:00
- PTA Meeting (Zoom) 5:00-6:00
- Zoom Principal's Coffee 10:00 am (will be recorded)
- Meet the Teacher Videos and Grade Level Handbooks sent to families (LT and SchoolMessenger)
- Supply Distribution Day Make-Up Day 1:00-3:00
Friday, September 4
- Drive-Through Meet the Teacher 9-10
- Labor Day/Staff Holiday
- Students first day of Remote Learning
- September 4 Remote Learning
- Remote Learning Master Schedule
- Synchronous/Asynchronous Learning
- Oct 5 Phase-In
Drive-Through Meet the Teacher
Staff members will be lined up on Kerbey Lane between 33rd and 34th street. Please drive by our school and wave to our amazing staff. We can't wait to see you Friday!
Sept 8- Oct 2 BW Master Schedule
AISD Reopening Updates
September 8-October 5
- The first day of school is Sept. 8
- The first four weeks, from Sept. 8 to Oct. 5, will be remote
- If your student needs access to technology, please contact us at 512-414-2054 or request technology on the Parent Portal as soon as possible
- Families will need to be able to get into the AISD Parent Portal and students will need to be able to get into the AISD Student Portal to access the curriculum
- All classes will use BLEND as their learning hub
- Oct. 5 to Oct. 30 will be a phase-in period
- Families will choose if they prefer on-campus or virtual learning for this period
- Families who prefer on-campus learning will be phased in
- We will continue to base our campus and district operations on the advice of health authorities
- It is important to note: even students who choose on-campus instruction may have some days where they are still doing remote learning during this period
- Another Family Survey will be sent two weeks before Oct 5 for families to request remote or campus learning
- Austin ISD families will be able to choose to go back to remote learning based on their individual comfort level
- FAQ in English and Spanish
Technology Distribution and Information
K-2nd iPad Distribution Dates/Times
- August 28 from 7:30-1:30
- August 31 from 2:00-7:00
- September 1 from 7:30-1:30
3rd-5th Grade Chromebook Distribution
Hot Spot Distribution
Technology and Device Requests
Bring Your Own Device: Due to worldwide shortages, Austin ISD is seeing some delays in receiving Chromebooks and iPads for students. Families who would like to return their Austin ISD Chromebook or iPad and use a personal device instead can do so at our Computer Curbside locations. Doing so is entirely optional, but could help a fellow Austin ISD family that needs immediate access to technology. Please check this flyer for Computer Curbside dates, times and locations: bit.ly/aisdcomputercurbside.
Technology Requests - Parent Cloud: Families can now begin requesting technology needs using a new form in the Parent Cloud. After logging in to my.austinisd.org, search for “Technology Distribution,” and the link for the form will appear. My.austinisd.org also has a link and instructions in both English and Spanish for creating a Parent Cloud account.
Technology Requests - By Phone: Families can also request technology by calling their school or the Parent Support Line at 512-414-9187.
Family Technology Information Session
Family Supply Pickup Make-Up Days
We'll have two additional days to collect the following items:
Tuesday, Sept 1, 9:00-11:00
Thursday, Sept 3, 1:00-3:00
Sprouts Schools Supplies
Supplies/materials from last year
Artwork (distributed throughout the year)
Yearbooks that were purchased but not picked up (Note: there are no additional yearbooks for purchase)
In order to ensure safety for all, the below protocol must be followed:
Maintain social distancing and wear a mask.
Arrive at Bryker Woods and enter the staff parking lot (off of 33rd Street); pull into a numbered parking spot.
Call the posted phone number.
When answered, please tell the staff member the first and last name of your student(s) and your parking spot number.
Wait in the parking spot.
When staff approaches, please pop the trunk or open door.
Please reach out to Ms. Murr with any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
K-2 At-Home Resource Distribution
A supply bag for each grade level (kinder, 1st, and 2nd) will be available for pick-up Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week. There will be one bag for each student enrolled. Bags will be placed outside the front door of the school from 7 am-3 pm each day. Please come pick-up supplies at your convenience and, as always, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
September PTA Meeting
- September 1, 5:00-6:00
All community members, teachers, parents, etc... everyone is welcome!
Amended budget attached (please review) - we will vote on amendments during PTA meeting.
9/1 PTA General Meeting:
- [10mins] Principal Muehling Overall Update
- [10mins] PTA President Update
- [05mins] Grade Room Parents
- [05mins] Panther Fund
- [20mins] PTA 20/21 Budget Amendments
- [10mins] Q&A
Meeting Time: Tuesday 9/1, 5-6pm
Meeting Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85825883179?pwd=Y1gyUzFEdUdVT2o3OElQeEV6ZmhXdz09
Meeting ID: 858 2588 3179 / Passcode: 291824
BW Buddy Program
As you may have suspected, this year at school is going to look a lot different...but hopefully we can find some ways to keep our Bryker Woods community strong!
One way is the new BW Buddies Program, where families new to Bryker Woods are matched with a returning "support" family via email. The support family can welcome the new family to Bryker Woods, and help answer any questions they may have. Hopefully, this partnership will make transitioning to a new school a little easier, and provide both parties with another connection during this time of distance learning.
If you are interested, you can sign up here: BW Buddies Program Sign-Up
Questions? Contact Dana Singh at email@example.com or through Living Tree.
How To Get Involved
What Will School Look Like?
First Four Weeks of School
- Remote Learning will begin Tuesday, Sept 8
- 100% Online
- Students will be assigned to a Virtual Class List
- Begin at 7:40 with Morning Announcements and a synchronous Morning Meeting
- Students will have a set schedule that will include core academics, recess, lunch, and specials
- AISD and teachers will be providing all curriculum for families/tutors (you will not need to create your own curriculum or lessons)
- Students will be able to interact with teachers and classmates multiple times a day through synchronous lessons
- Small group synchronous lessons will be important to support individual learning, provide one-on-one feedback and monitor student goals
- Students will work independently (away from a screen) on assigned asynchronous lessons
- Students will have specific lessons that need to be completed and submitted for feedback and a grade
- All lessons will be available on BLEND
- Daily structure and curriculum delivery will be very different from the emergency remote learning that occurred in the spring
- Students and families will receive ongoing feedback
- School Ends at 3:08
Have a question? Use Let's Talk! to get the answers you need. Families may call the Family Support line at 512-414-9187. You can also send a Let's Talk! text to (512) 886-6434. Support is available weekdays from 7 a.m.–5 p.m.