December News- This may or may not be it for December
- The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
- Genre: Poem
- The Heroic Paul Revere
- Genre: Drama
- Comprehension Strategies: Author's Purpose and Schema (Background knowledge)
This and Next Week's Literacy
- Cause and Effect
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact and Opinion
- Author's Purpose
- Irregular Plurals (child= children)
We will encounter the following words and we be using them as vocab this week and next:
There is a Unit 3 Study Guide coming home this evening. Students are to go over the review guide with you. Please sign and return tomorrow. If you are absent, today, you will still be testing tomorrow. I'm attaching a study guide for you to go over.
Book Fair Open December 7th - December 11th! Bring money in to shop during the school day. Please remember to add 7.75% tax to your total.
Gift Certificate Purchase
If you would like like to purchase a little gift or token of appreciation for your child’s teacher we are offering you the opportunity to purchase them a gift certificate to the book fair! What a great way to thank the very one that helps create life-long learning for your child. Attached is a form to fill out and send in with your child. A certificate will then be printed and given to their teacher on behalf of your child. Thank you!
- School Store every Tuesday
- Save the Date for our Fifth Grade Concert on Tuesday, March 22nd
- I will be out on December 17th and 18th
- Winter Break will run from December 21st-January 3rd. We resume on January 4th!