Leading the pack in education
October 26 Fire Drill @ 2:30
October 26-30 Red Ribbon Week
October 26 Wear Red Day
October 27 Writing CBA
October 27 Wear Jeans
October 28-29 Vision & Hearing Screening
October 28 Wear Sweats
October 29 Art/PLC Day
October 29 Wear Camo
October 30 School Carnival
October 30 Story Book Character
November 1 Daylight Savings
November 5 Dr. Brown visit to HHE
November 10 Reading CBA
November 10&11 Play it Safe
November 10 Social Studies CBA
November 11 Veteran's Day
November 12&13 Data Meetings
November 13 Student half-day & End of 2nd Six Weeks
November 18 Instructional Rounds
November 19 Fire Drill
November 20 Special House Celebration
November 21-29 Thanksgiving Break
November 30 PLC Art Day
Kim Bearden: Optimism Talk
How do you teach students to respond to failure through your words and actions?
I believe I can fly...
We have a choice. Thank you for choosing to work at this campus and always seeing the best in our students.
Kim Bearden: Optimism Talk
Thank you Mr. Mann, Mrs. McBride, and Mrs. Watkins for all the extra hard work in making science night a success. Over 325 people attended and much interest was peaked in the science around us.
Thank you Mrs. Coston for all your hard work on getting the carnival ready. She has been working countless hours to get the final details in order.
Thank you Mrs. Le for coordinating the basket efforts. Please send her a print out of what you want to be auctioned off for (example lunch in the courtyard, trip to movie with the teacher, teacher for the day, etc)
Thank you for the excitement and positive energy you are spreading in the morning. We love the music in the hallways and mini celebrations in classes.
Thank you for the highly engaging lessons and relevant learning. From the the dart gun activity in first grade, the 2nd grade self blogging biographies, the 4th grade Texas Native dress/performances, Cancel Cancer project, all the way to the 5th grade shirt design project. Students are excited about the learning tasks they are having to do and parents are very complementary!
Social team for uplifting and decorating the workroom, bathrooms, and lounge!
Most of all thank you for your hard work and dedication to our students. It is noticed and very appreciated!
Reminders and Focus
- 6 hour Gifted Training Update due by December 31st
- Continue to build strong, positive relationships with all the students. Smile often. Choose to see the good and positive. Focus on growth and celebrate often. Nothing is more helpful in the learning process than the effects of trust and joy.
- Our goal is to be level 3 (or moving close to it) in most areas on the district rubric for TEKS centered teaching. I have seen many great examples of students interacting with the TEKS in class. Be sure to not only post them, but have discussions so that students understand the goal of their learning.
- Reading Workshop at 100% implementation is our highest priority in curriculum. We will have some PD on our priorities in order of importance at the faculty meeting this Monday.
- Guided Reading groups should be in full swing. Meet with low groups 4 times per week, low/medium 3 times, medium and high 2 times. Special Education students should be part of both your Guided Reading Group rotation & TEAM Time interventions
- Rigor, relevance, and engagement strategies should be focus on when planning for learning