Strive Center for Autism
Parent Training with Evey
- Potty training
- Sleep difficulties
- Sibling relationships
- Challenging behavior at home
- Extended caregiver support and training - for babysitters, grandparents, anyone who spends a lot of time with your child!
- Increasing independence
These are just a few of the areas that Evey can help you with, so please start thinking about how this would help your family and let Evey know what you need.
Friday End Time 2:20
The purpose behind this is to ensure that only healthy individuals are in our building at all times. When children attend therapy with "just a cold" our staff catch that cold too. When our staff have any symptoms on our daily health screening, they end up either going for a COVID test or missing many days of work while we wait to ensure they are safe to return.
We definitely want to maximize your child's hours in treatment, but we need to do so only when they are healthy. Please help us out by abiding by the 72 hours symptom free requirement for any illness. We are absolutely not counting these absences "against" you in any way.
We switch therapists for a number of reasons, including:
- Ensuring that your child's skills generalize - making sure he can demonstrate all his skills with any adult
- Increasing your child's tolerance for change and flexibility
- Keeping it fun and interesting for your child - a new therapist brings a fun new perspective to the day to day routine
- Increasing our therapist's skills - by working with a wide variety of children with different needs, our therapists are always learning something new that will help every child
Once we switch in September, we expect that most of our therapists will remain with those children until January, when we switch again. Sometimes we will keep a therapist and child together for two quarters (6 months) when it’s in the best interest of the child. Your BCBA can answer any questions you have about a therapist switch.
Fun Raffle for Parents
The appetizer level ticket will include charcuterie, fromage, chocolate drizzled popcorn, and wine. All items will be delivered directly to your home via contact-less delivery. The ticket also includes access to the AAOM's live virtual broadcast on the evening of Friday, September 18th.
In order to enter the raffle, please use the RSVP button at the end of the newsletter, under AAOM Virtual Gala. Please contact Amy Hund at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the raffle. The winner will be drawn on Thursday, September 3rd, and announced in the September 4th newsletter.
For more info on the event, please watch this video: https://youtu.be/mfKD0arwvsw
The Three Little Pigs
Our centers are full of farm animal art! The kids have been making all sorts of farm themed projects this month.
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Labor Day - NO THERAPY
Monday, Sep. 7th, 8am
Burton and Brighton
AAOM Virtual Gala
Friday, Sep. 18th, 7:30pm
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.