The Black Death
By Kailee Mabe and Logan McCarn
The bacteria that caused the plague was transmitted by fleas, from rodents.
Ships arrived from other countries spreading the disease from Asia to Europe.
There was no cure for the disease. Most who caught it eventually died.
THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACK DEATH
No Europeans saw it coming. They were shocked that so many poeple died so quickly.
Facts About The Black Death
- There are three different types of the plague.
- It originated in Asia before coming to Europe.
- It wiped out 75 million people, which is one-third of the world's population.
- It was caused by the bacteria Yersinia Pestis.
- It caused many poeple to have weakness, fever and chills along with many other symptoms.