Glen Rock BOE Highlights
May 22nd 2023
The Board of Education recognized and thanked Kate Weyant, Class of 2023 for her service this year as the student representative to the Board of Education.
The Board wishes Kate the best going forward and is confident that she will continue to be a wonderful ambassador for Glen Rock Schools.
The Board of Education congratulated and thanked Mr. Rinderknecht, Business Administrator/Board Secretary, at his last meeting prior to his retirement on June 1st, 2023.
The Board wishes Mr. Rinderknecht a long, healthy and rewarding retirement.
The Board of Education read and adopted the following polices after 2nd reading
Please find below the newly adopted policies.
The Board of Education read and approved the following regulations
Please find below the newly adopted regulations.
The Board of Education approved the following professional contracts for the 2023-2024 school year
- Lerch, Vinci & Higgins to provide auditing and accounting services
- Phoenix Advisors, LLC. to provide financial services
- McCabe Environmental Services to provide environmental services
The Board of Education approved the establishment of a scholarship/award to be awarded to one student according to the following criteria
The Board thanks the Stone and Rail for their generous donation.
The Board of Education approved the submission of all necessary plans and paperwork to the Department of Education concerning the Preschool Expansion Projects Application
If approved by the DOE, this grant will reimburse the district for 40% of the total cost.
The Board of Education appointed and welcomed the following teachers to tenure track positions starting with the 2023-2024 school year
- Brooke Baldino - Central Elementary Teacher
- Jaime Caruso - Central School Nurse
- Jacqueline Kalksma - Hamilton Elementary Teacher
- Tara Mild - Hamilton Elementary Teacher
- Zehra Unalp - High School Science Teacher
The Board of Education approved $17,072 in professional development and workshops/conferences for staff
Workshops and conferences include:
- NJASBO Accounts Payable Overview
- Coordinating a Dynamic Post-Secondary Counseling Program
- AP Computer Science Principles Summer Institute
- AP History Fordham Summer Institute Workshop
- Math Medic EFFL 101 Workshop
- Sport Social Work Certificate
- NJSBA Workshop
Next Glen Rock Board of Education Meeting - COW Meeting
School Cafeteria @ Glen Rock HS/MS
Monday, Jun 12, 2023, 07:00 PM
620 Harristown Road, Glen Rock, NJ, USA
Dates to Remember
May 26, 2023 - Unused Emergency Closing Day Giveback (Schools and Offices Closed)
May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day (Schools and Offices Closed)
June 6, 2023 - Unused Emergency Closing Day Giveback (Schools and Offices Closed)
June 12, 2023 - BOE COW Meeting (6:00 pm Executive Session) (7:00 pm Regular Session)
June 26, 2023 - BOE Regular Meeting (6:00 pm Executive Session) (7:00 pm Regular Session)
July 4, 2023 - Independence Day (Schools and Offices Closed)