THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of February 8, 2016
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Monday, February 8
Friday, February 12
- Sped Department Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Jaguar Jumpstart All-School Meeting - 8:45 a.m. - Gym
- Universal Screening Meetings - K (12:20-1:50) and 1 (2:00-3:30)
- 4th Grade JRFH - 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Grade Level Team Meetings - SLO or
- Kindergarten Registration 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- First Grade Audubon Presentation - 10-11 Presentation Area
- 5th Grade JRFH - 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 10
- Angela has a Safety Committee Meeting at 1:00 at district office
- Universal Screening Meetings - 2nd (8-9:30) and 3rd (9:50-11:20)
- Angela has a DLC Meeting from 2-5 p.m. at district office
- 2nd/3rd JRPH - 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Friday, February 12
- Universal Screening Meetings - 5th (9-10:30) and 4th (10:30-12:00)
- Valentine's Parties - 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- February 16 - SoUP and Sandwich
- Feburary 29 - NO SCHOOL - Prof. Dev.
- March 17 - Trinity Irish Dance Assembly
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
K4 and K5 registration is on Tuesday from 9 .m. - 6 p.m. We have over 90 students pre-registered for Thorson alone. For this reason, we will be using the Presention Area for registration throughout the day, except for between 10:00 and 11:00 when 1st grade has a presentation from Audubon. Thank you for being flexible and moving your PIE groups to another location.
There will be an initial CPI (Crisis Prevention) Training held in district on Wednesday, February 24 at the CPAC. This is a full-day training. The training does go over the proper way to restrain a student, but also focuses on de-escalation strategies. It would be great to have a classroom teacher or two trained in CPI. Please let me know if you are interested in attending this training. Thanks!
SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
5th Grade Science Fun
All three 5th grade classes spent some time on Friday with Dr. Angelika Henke from Elementastic. Each child got to take part in three different activities with the topic of "science in motion". As you can see, they had a blast!