Art City Eagles
November 22, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
Happy Thanksgiving week! There is NO SCHOOL on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday this week. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday week.
COVID information is below in this newsletter. If you haven't read through this information lately, please take a moment to do so. If your child is feeling ill, has a fever, or if they have a consistent cough please call and excuse them from school.
PE this week: Free choice, tagging games, castle ball.
Music this week: Turkey facts, review rhythm and play rhythm games.
Computers this week: 1-4th graders will play some Thanksgiving games this week. 5th graders will not have computers due to Thanksgiving Break.
Library this week: All of the grades will enjoy some funny Thanksgiving books followed with some interesting turkey facts. They will also explore the farm animal section of our library and discover we have books all about turkeys!
Students will be expected to go outside at recess and lunch time unless the air quality is dangerous, the temperature is below 20 degrees or if it is raining or snowing heavily. If you wish for your child to stay indoors, please send a note with them and specify a reasonable time period for them to stay indoors. Being outdoors and having the opportunity to run and play is a much needed and healthy time of the school day.
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 10: Stand Strong Day-dress up in a way you stay strong/ healthy or wear an Art City t-shirt
Dec. 17: Last day before winter break - Full day of school
Jan. 3: School Resumes
Jan. 7: Emergency Drill
Jan. 11 Stand Strong Day
Jan. 13: Parent Conferences
Jan. 14: No School
Jan. 17: No School
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissal
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center