- Symbol- Al
- Atomic number- 13
- Atomic weight- 26.982
- Group- 13
- Period- 3
- Color- Yellow
- Classification- Metallic
- The ancient Greeks and Romans used alum in medicine, and in dyeing methods.
- Cans that you would use at a party or to drink out of is made of aluminum.
- Pure aluminium is a silvery-white metal.
- Aluminum compounds are toxic to most plants and somewhat toxic to humans.
- Aluminum metal is not found as the free element, however, aluminium is an abundant element in the earth's crust.
- Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength.
- Aluminum compounds can be hard and stand up by itself.
- "Aluminum was also the accepted spelling in the U.S.A. until 1925, at which time the American Chemical Society decided to revert back to aluminum, and to this day Americans still refer to aluminium as "aluminum"."