January 31, 2023
A Message from the Principal:
Can you believe that we have just celebrated the 100th day of school and that we are about to begin the month of February? The first half of the school year has flown by. The students are working so hard learning new standards so that they will be prepared for ACAP testing in the spring. You can help us help your child by following some of these 'Tips for Parents'-
- Take electronics, gaming systems, cell phones, and chrome books out of their bedrooms at night so they are not tempted to play with these things rather than get a good night's sleep.
- Have them read 15-30 minutes a day.
- Help them study for tests that are coming up.
- Stay in contact with their teacher(s) through Remind/Class Dojo.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and respond/sign papers.
- Assist your child in setting academic/social/emotional goals.
- Say thank you or send a note to your child's teacher to let them know they are appreciated.
- Have a game plan. Establish a schedule and stick to it- bedtime/homework/etc.
- Work smart. Create an appropriate workspace for your child to do their homework.
- Consider all sides. Try to give the teacher the benefit of the doubt. Remember there are always at least two sides to a story.
Together we can make a difference and ensure that your child gets a good education and grows up happy and healthy. We all want what's best for the students at South. We want them to..."Not just play the game but be GAME CHANGERS!"
February Lunch Menu:
We are so proud of Rhyder Tadsen! He represented South well at the county level Spelling Bee.
Even the teachers had fun at the PBIS Snowball Fight!
100 Days Smarter
We celebrate 100 days of learning @ South!
Game Changers Academy:Jan. 23- Feb. 17th - Game Changers Academy (after school tutoring session 2)
Feb. 26- Mar. 24th- Game Changers Academy (after school tutoring session 3)
Tuesday, Feb. 7th- Progress Reports go home.
Friday, Feb. 17th- Last day session 2 of Game Changers Academy
Monday, Feb. 20th- President's Day- NO SCHOOL for students
Thursday, Feb. 23rd- Daddy / Daughter(s) Dance 5:30-7:30 cst
Monday, Feb. 27th- 1st day session 3 of Game Changers Academy
Friday, March 3rd- Field Trip (3rd grade)
Friday, March 10th- Field Trip (2nd grade) & Quarter 3 ends
Monday-Friday, March 13-17th- Book Fair
Friday, March 17th- Report Cards go home.
Friday, March 17th- Southern Research Company visits South for STEM DAY
Monday, March 20th- Spring Pics
Monday-Friday- March 28-31st- SPRING BREAK!
Celebrating 100 Days Pics-
We love Sign Gypsies -
Dressing like they are 100 Years Old
Thank you to Mayor Bubba Copeland and Senator Price for the generous donation!
Daddy/Daughter Dance - Info.
WHERE? The Cafeteria / Gym
WHEN? Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023
WHAT TIME? 5:30-7:30 cst
HOW MUCH? $20.00 A couple - Each additional daughter is $5.00.
DETAILS? There will be food, drinks, sweets, dancing, and photo opportunities.
What to Wear? Dress to Impress!
You MUST purchase your wristbands between Feb. 3- 17th. NO wristbands will be sold at the door. The wristbands will go home in an envelope the day of the dance. You MUST wear your wristbands to the dance. The girls that attend MUST be students at South.