Top TEN News @ Weston
December 13, 2019
2. If you would like for your child to receive a weekly BackSack from Gleaners, please contact Mrs. Miller, Weston’s School Social Worker. BackSacks contain shelf-stable foods that can be used during the weekends.
3. Families in need of Christmas assistance who have not yet submitted an information sheet, should contact Mrs. Miller ASAP. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org or she may be reached at school, 317-462-1492.
4. With the holidays approaching, some parents have asked what teachers would enjoy receiving as gifts. While all of our teachers enjoy being with our children each day and do not expect gifts at the holidays, we asked Santa what the teachers had asked for this Christmas. We’re sending home a wishlist in case any parents would like to help Santa with his list. See the lists below in the download section.
We wish you a safe and wonderful holiday season!
Weston Elementary PTO
5. Box Tops for Education has gone digital! Click here to download the App and learn more about how the new process works. See the picture below for a ‘snapshot’ of our school’s earnings.
6. Learn more about the EXTRA things going on at Weston that make it a special place! Check out the Dec./Jan. edition of the Weston Extra. Find it below in the download section.
7. Our Middle of the Year NWEA assessments are now completed. Our students did a GREAT job in both Reading and Math! Once the reports are ready we will let you know that they have been uploaded in your child’s powerschool account. Go to this link to learn more about NWEA. Contact your teacher(s) if you want to learn more. We will have the End of the Year Assessments in late April.
8. Menu changes for next week:
Biscuits and gravy
Friday Dec 20th
Christmas tree nuggets
9. The Hancock County Food Pantry will be closed the following hours over the upcoming holidays. PANTRY CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS: Tues NIGHT (6-7 pm) - 12/24, Wed NIGHT ( 7-8 pm) – 12/25, Thurs NIGHT (7-8pm) - 12/26, Tues NIGHT (6-7 pm) – 12/31, Wed NIGHT (7-8 pm) - 1/1, and Thurs NIGHT (7-8pm) - 1/2. The pantry will remain open during its regular daytime hours.
10. The following students were recently recognized at Weston Elementary School for displaying the character trait of Punctuality. Pictures can be found below.
Kindergarten: Back Row: Charlotte Buwalda, Quinton Conover, Marina Harrison, Hudson Jordan, Xander Wilson Middle Row: Aubryn Garrett, Grace Stangle, Ada-Mae Moore, Easton Potter Front Row: Adam Musson, Wyatt Lackey, Samuel Loughmiller
1st grade: Back Row: Allie Anderson, Carter Condra-Jones, Michael Gaylord, Sophia Miller, Hunter Hewson, Blake Robertson Middle Row: Jackob Daniel, Larissa Moore, Ashlyn Dorsey, Elly Brandle, Liam Ball, Zarem Meraz Front Row: Rex Pangburn, Ryan Reaves, Abigail Schrank, Zoey Spangler
2nd grade: Back Row: Blake Brown, Alayna Bow, Nolen Lee, Aaliyah Russell, Haley Perry Middle Row: Landon Atkins, Miller Johnson, Maiyah Wilson, Bethany Lantz Front Row: Nolan Scott, Landon Leswing
3rd grade: Back Row: Sage Harrison, Tyler Hensley, Daphne Li, Kherington Trotter, Avery Chittum, Leighanna Gibbs Middle Row: Carter Meredith, Dakota Helcher, Mateo Roberts, Allen Shaw, Brynlee Griffin Front Row: Eli Avery, Ramone Hall
Mrs. Miller ROCKS!
Our Social Worker received a special award for her 'Service to Mankind'
Character Trait Winners!
November's students recognized for their Punctuality!
Spirit Days for Weston
Charlie Brown Christmas Theme