CIS Weekly Updates
2022-2023 #3 September 5-9
Congratulations to our 5th graders who won the Chromebook Challenge with over 90% of students bringing their Chromebook to school and charged! They all received a new sticker for their Chromebook.
Please remember to update Final Forms for your student and pay fees. If you opt in for Chromebook Insurance, the $25 fee needs to be paid by September 19th. You can send in one check for both the instructional fee and Chromebook insurance made payable to Wadsworth City Schools or pay online via PaySchools. *If you don't complete the process then you will not have Chromebook Insurance for the school year.
On Friday, we have our first Town Hall Meeting. This will be a time, each month, that we come together to CONNECT as a school, CHALLENGE our students, and CELEBRATE student and staff successes. It will be first thing in the morning and last for about 20 minutes. This month we will go a little longer because we will celebrate Patriot Day (observed on 9/11).
Have a WONDERFUL week!
Brandon Cobb, Principal
PTO READ-A-THON - THANK YOU!!
CIS Band Message From Mr. Hastings
If your child is not going to be in Band, you do not need to continue reading this message. If you are feeling pretty well informed about Band, you may want to read the first bullet point about getting the code for 5th Grade Band Remind if you need it. If not, you probably do not need to continue reading.
It has been brought to my attention that there has been a gap in information about 5th grade band. I am going to address each point to clear up any confusion:
- I have been working on transitioning parents and students to a 5th grade band Remind that is separate from the rest of the school. The code for this Remind is @cisband-5. I have been using this Remind feed to share messages and this will be my primary way to share information with you so that I do not bother the entire school with information. I am aware that not everyone has been receiving these messages - please try entering the code to join if you have not received updates from me.
- Click here for the sign-up sheet for 5th grade band. This was shared in Mr. Cobb's weekly newsletter and through an all-5th grade Remind message. If you have already completed it, you do not need to do it again.
- The fourth section of the sign-up sheet contains information about renting instruments. There are links to various music stores that you can visit to rent an instrument for school. Click here and scroll to the bottom
- The balance of instruments is looking pretty good, so plan on your child playing their first choice instrument. Let me know if this has changed from what was on the sign-up form - you do not need to complete the sign-up form again. Students can bring their instruments to school all week, with the next full practice being during the school day on Thursday, September 8.
- The evening event scheduled for Wednesday, September 7 had to be canceled due to a scheduling conflict. We will still have WHS students here during the school day on Thursday to help students.
I hope that this helps to address any concerns about information that has not made it home. Thank you for your time and support in the CIS band program!
1ST PTO Meeting - THURSDAY @ 9:30am
Thursday, September 8 · 9:30 – 10:30am
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/wrc-pfvj-mas
Or dial: (US) +1 402-307-1401 PIN: 431 550 544#
Please consider joining PTO for just $5. PTO FLYER.
Rising Stars Camp
IF YOU LIKE TO SING, DANCE, OR WANT TO HAVE FUN. THIS CAMP IS FOR YOU!
FOR: K - 6th graders
WHEN: October 1st, 2022 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
WHERE: Wadsworth High School Performing Arts Center
COST: $25, pay online
*Participants will practice vocalsand choreography to perform in an end-of-camp show.
*All campers will receive a t-shirt, music, professional choreography, healthy snacks, and instruction from Mrs. Davis with help from current WHS Show Choir members.
ENCORE SCHEDULE FOR SEPTEMBER
FAMILY VACATIONS - NOTE FROM MR. COBB
CONTACTING OUR ATTENDANCE DESK
COVID-19 & ILLNESS AT CIS
ODH recommends schools follow general isolation procedures from the CDC for confirmed cases. If students or staff feel sick or suspect they might have COVID-19, they should stay home and take a rapid test. If positive, students and staff should stay home from school for at least 5 days and longer if necessary until fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and symptoms are improving. Additionally, after isolation ends, students and staff should continue to take precautions as they resume normal activities by wearing a mask for 5 days (or after two negative tests 48 hours apart).
IMPORTANT DATES COMING UP
Monday, September 6 - NO SCHOOL Labor Day
Thursday, September 8- PTO Meeting, 9:30am @ CIS
Friday, September 9 - Wear Red, White & Blue (celebrate Patriot Day)
Monday, September 12- Board of Education Meeting @ WHS PAC, 7:00pm
Tuesday, September 13 - Chess Club, 3:30-4:00pm
Friday, September 16- PTO Spirit Sales @ Lunch
Tuesday, September 20 - Chess Club, 3:30-4:00pm
Friday, September 23- NO SCHOOL Professional Development Day
Tuesday, September 27- Picture Day
Wednesday, September 28- Parent-Teacher Conferences #1, 4:30-8:00pm
Friday, October 7 - Homecoming, PTO Spirit Sales @ Lunch, Spirit Day
Tuesday, October 11 - Chess Club, 3:30-4:00pm
Tuesday, October 18 - Chess Club, 3:30-4:00pm