Dalewood UMC Connection
November 15, 2015
Supper and Serve
Wednesday, Nov. 18th, 6-8pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
The Finance Team will be meeting @ 1pm on 11/22 to work on next year's budget.
Keep our lay leadership committee, leadership council and church leaders in your prayers as we prepare documents, nominate new leaders, and approve a new budget ahead of our upcoming charge conference on Sunday, December 13.
Don't forget to join us on this Wednesday, 11/18 as we pack baskets for the needy at our monthly Supper 'n Serve meeting. Supper will be furnished but we need items for the baskets. We will be taking some baskets to the families of Foster Children who will be spending Thanksgiving at home with their families. Besides all the good things to eat, we are asking for donations of family board games and movies. Please be generous to those less fortunate than you.
- All are invited to attend a ministry planning meeting of church leaders and visionaries on Saturday, Dec. 5th at 4pm in Langford Hall.
- Inglewood Elementary School is looking for volunteer(s) to help in their library a couple of hours each week to check in and out books. If you can help, call Leigh Patton @ 615-262-6697 X 638124.
- Don't forget that we will be preparing food for Second Helpings Thanksgiving event Nov. 25th at 1pm in Langford Hall.
- Join us on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- Makes plans to join us for our Christmas Caroling to the shut in's on Sunday, Dec. 6th.
- Thanks to everyone who helped pack our Care Packages last week.
- Don't forget items for the Thanksgiving Baskets are needed by Wed.
Don't forget to continue bringing items for our Care Packages.
We will begin collecting toys for the 61st Ave Toy Store this month. They need toys for all ages (especially babies & teenagers) . This is it the last distribution center for many families
They are asking that toys be delivered to them by Dec 17. They need 100's of volunteers Dec 18-21 on their shopping days, but also to help Dec 1-17 to sort toys. Call the church at 615-292-7184 if you are able to volunteer your time. If you would prefer to send a monetary donation, please send to 61st Ave UMC %last minute toy store, 6018 New York Ave Nashville TN 37209,
Dalewood's Children's Ministries are still collecting items for our care packages. You can leave your donations in the Giving Station in the Narthex and their will also be a list of items to donate in the same area.
Our pianist for the last 2 Sundays has been Mark Hagewood. He has agreed to be our interim pianist until the first of the year. We are very happy to welcome him!! Let the SPRC committee know how much you have enjoyed his music.
Want to learn how to share your faith and join a team dedicated to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ? Join us for our next Share Team meeting on Nov 21st at 11am.
- We pray this week for the all of our veterans and thank them for their service. We are thankful for the opportunity to be able to provide Thanksgiving baskets for the needly.
- We pray for Ed and Anne Clymer. Ed had a fall and Anne has an infection. Also James Bryant has had pneumonia but is improving and Ernest Goens will have eye surgery on Wednesday the 18th.
Wednesday Nov 18
Saturday Nov 21