Take Home Tech Night
Thursday, September 1, 2022
Questions about Internet Safety or Tech Support: RemoteSupport@mtlsd.net
Self Paced Schoology Course
FAMILIES can sign into Schoology by going to app.schoology.com and signing in using the email address registered through PowerSchool.
Note: STUDENTS sign into Schoology using Clever, or at mtlsd.schoology.com with their Google account.
Once signed in, parents can follow these directions to join a course.
The access code for Washington families to join MTLSD's Family Guide to Schoology is H453-SF4M-VZX3W.
In early August you should have received an email from the elementary administration regarding our Technology Device Initiative. This email details the plan to distribute devices to our students at Take Home Tech Night. This event will include an informational session about the devices and their use, the available Equipment Protection Plan (EPP), and our learning management system, Schoology. Following the presentation, devices will be distributed.
In order to facilitate this process, we ask that families sign up for a time slot via SignUpGenius. This will allow us to share important information and distribute devices in an efficient manner.
- Please use this link -Click Here- to select your family’s time via SignUpGenius.
- If you are unable to make the Take Home Tech Night, please complete this FORM and you will be contacted with information about how to get your student device(s).
Washington’s Take Home Tech Night is Thursday, September 1, 2022, between 4:00 - 7:00 PM. Please enter into the building through the Auditorium door (near the Kindergarten Playground). At the conclusion of the presentation you will be directed to Gym to pick up your device at any one of four check out stations. The entire process should take approximately 45 minutes. If you have any questions please contact the main office at 412-334-2142.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mrs. Brook Webb
- Come to WES for your scheduled time (please be prompt)
- Enter onto campus through the Kindergarten Playground
- Check in at tables, here you will receive an individualized color coded document with barcode that will allow for you to check out a device for your child(ren).
- Enter into the Auditorium for a 20 minute presentation.
- At the conclusion of the presentation, you will exit the auditorium and travel behind the stage into the gym where you will present your form to receive a device.
- Once you have a device you will exit the gym.
- The whole process should take about 45 minutes.
- This event is geared more for adults, however children may attend if necessary.
FOUR Lines for Forms
LIne 2: 1st Grader only (iPad)
Line 3: 2nd-5th Graders only (Chromebook)
Line 4: Multiple Grade Levels (Multiple Devices) * Your forms will be in a packet.
Schoology, the Mt. Lebanon School District's official Learning Management System (LMS) provides families with a deeper look into their student's classwork and learning progress. As of the Fall of 2022, all online assignments will be collected through Schoology.
Calendars in Schoology will have school events listed as well as course events and assignments. Beginning in 2022-2023, the Schoology calendar will replace Dashboard/PowerSchool as the primary calendar for classroom activity. Classroom assignments, due dates, reminders and other events will be posted by teachers in the Schoology calendar.
You should have receive dan email from the Schoology platform on Friday, August 26 with directions to create your family account. We hope this video is useful as you get started with your account!
Additionally, an orientation course for families, MTLSD’s Family Guide to Schoology, is available within the Schoology platform. Visit our website (www.mtlsd.org/families/technology/schoology) for directions to join this course!
If you have questions or need support with Schoology, please email us at SchoologySupport@mtlsd.net