What a WRAD-ical Week @ Our Library
Read Across Coopertown 2014
What Were We Celebrating?
Read Aloud. Change the World.
During the first week in March, Coopertown celebrated a combination of Read Across America & World Read Aloud Day (WRAD). We shared stories throughout our school AND with students in schools across the country.
"By raising our voices together on this day, we show the world's children that...they have the right to read, to write, and to share their words to change the world"
CHECK OUT OUR SYMBALOO TO HEAR SOME OF THE STORIES WE READ DURING THE WEEK!
- Kindergarten: Listened to stories with two voices.
- 1st Grade: Wrote about reading memories using Padlet.
- 2nd Grade: Participated in the WRAD Blogging Challenge. Be sure to check out the comments on their posts!
- 3rd Grade: Created story quilts & practiced reading stories with two voices.
- 4th Grade: Created a digital story quilt using some of the WRAD blog topics.
- 5th Grade: Created a digital story quilt too!
Check Out the Map & Link Below to Learn More About Where We Went!
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE
Click on the links to watch a video of our connections!
- 4R shared some of their favorite titles with 5th grade students in Italy and at Chestnutwold.
- 5SS read Mirror Mirror with 4th graders from Massachusetts.
- 1B read Same Same, but Different with 2nd graders from Indiana.
- 4M shared some of their favorite books with 5th graders from Chestnutwold (PA).
- 5K read You Read to Me, I'll Read to You-Fairy Tales with 3rd graders from Texas.
- The IU students listened to some Dr Seuss stories read to us by a student from Marple Newtown High School (PA)
- 2B read Same Same, but Different with 2nd graders from Michigan.
- 3M took turns reading fairy tales from You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together with 2nd graders from Virginia.