Nepal Earthquake death count
Kathmandu, Nepal (CNN)More than 4,600 people dead. Over 9,000 injured. Eight million affected across Nepal.
As the country is coping with the fallout of the quake, another natural disaster struck Tuesday afternoon in a popular trekking area north of Kathmandu, and up to 200 people were feared missing as a result
- Devastating avalanche on Mount Everest, killing at least 18 people out of 60 and injuring dozens during the Nepal earthquake.
- It’s the Indian plate that is moving north at 45 millimeters a year under the Eurasian plate to the north.
- The region and particular fault has a history of damaging earthquakes, including four temblors with magnitudes greater than 6.0 in the past 100 years.
- Nepal is a relatively poor country without extensive resources despite its rich cultural heritage and spectacular mountain scenery so it wasn't very prepared for this
- Nearly 100 aftershocks, including a magnitude-6.7 temblor Sunday.
What Can We Do To Help?
#Prayers. Care Packages- Water, Dry Foods, Clothing and Blankets. Search and rescue crews. http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/IDF-aid-planes-land-in-Nepal-rescue-teams-to-begin-searches-set-up-field-hospital-399401