The Starside Communication - January 15, 2016
Greetings Starside Families! - A Message From Your Principal
Kindergarten Round Up - Parent Information Night
Pre-Enrollment for 2016-2017 Kindergarten will be held on Thursday, February 4th from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
By Kansas law, children who turn 5 years old on or before Aug. 31, 2016, are eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall. Kindergarten Round-Up offers parents an opportunity to meet and learn vital information from Starside's principal, kindergarten teachers, the school nurse, and more! Round-up is the official enrollment time for kindergartners.
Find out everything you need to know at Kindergarten Round-Up. Parents will have the opportunity to begin the enrollment process and ask questions. This informational event is meant for parents and childcare will not be provided. In the fall, kindergarten students will have the opportunity to meet their teacher before school starts in August!
What will you need?
Parents are encouraged to bring the following information to Kindergarten Round-Up:
Certified copy of child's birth certificate (required by Kansas statute)
Copy of immunization records (from pediatrician)
Proof of residency (copy of current utility bill, real-estate contract, etc.)
Parents will also learn about Before/After School Care offered through a partnership with Johnson County Parks and Recreation Department.
>>Learn more about optional full-day Kindergarten
We know it's difficult to let go...
That's why our Kindergarten teachers place a high priority on providing a nurturing environment where children thrive - academically, socially, and emotionally. We really care about your child!
>> Preparing your child for Kindergarten - Resources for Parents
We can't wait to meet and welcome our 2016-2017 Kindergarten students!
Kris Meyer, Principal
Starside Spelling Bee Winner: Maya Rajapakse
Notes from the Lunchroom
- 18 - No School - Building Closed
- 25 - Skate City 6-8 pm
- 4 - Kindergarten Roundup 6-7:00
- 10 - NO SCHOOL for Kinder and Pre-K - Conferences
- 11 - NO SCHOOL for all students - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 12 - NO SCHOOL for all students - Buildings Closed
- 15 - NO SCHOOL for Students and Staff - Presidents' Day
- 16 - Classes Resume
Notes from the Lunchroom
- Please send lunch money in an envelope with your childs' name and classroom teacher.
- If you would like to eat lunch with your child just give us a call in the morning by 9:00 and we can order a school lunch for you. Of course, you are always welcome to bring something else to eat.
- Lunch prices--$2.25 student/$3.45 adult/$.50 extra milk/juice.
- Please report absent or tardy by 9:00 am. You must bring your child into the office and sign them in if it is after 8:50.
- Report attendance by 9:00 am 913-667-6279
- Report absences online at
Paraeducator Substitute Needed
Fundraising made easy with SchoolStore
There are 3 easy ways to participate in this on-going fundraiser.
- Donate a gift card
- Shop the Family Book Store
- Shop with featured merchants
School Name: Starside Elementary School
School ID: 785
Got Pop Tabs?
Starside has a goal of collecting 75 POUNDS of pop tabs by the end of the year. Please bring in any aluminum tabs to help us reach our goal and support the Ronald McDonald House.