The Firebird Flash
November 6, 2020
(click here for more information from District 49)
Updates for FMS with E49
- Students will NOT have classes on Monday, November 9th as this is a preparation day for our E-Learning Transition.
- On Monday November 9th, Band and Art students can drive by and pick up supplies left at school. We will have tables set up inside the band room from 8am-3pm. Families can drive by the front of the building and come through the band room door.
- Students will follow the regular bell schedule beginning Tuesday, November 10th. This schedule will be followed each week Mondays - Thursdays.
- Our Friday FLEX Schedule will still be followed on Fridays.
- We will still be offering Student Success Time (SST) on Fridays as well. Be watching for more information next week on how this will work if your student is assigned SST.
- Remember to always start each day from our FMS E-Learning Page as the teams will have their landing pages updated for what students need to complete.
Remember to start each day here. All of our bell schedules and individual team information is updated on our landing pages daily.
Updates from the Principal
Good Afternoon Firebird Nation Families -
I originally had a different update typed for this week, but as we have seen, things change quickly. It saddens me greatly to communicate about these changes.
You probably noticed that District 49 announced our transition back to E-Learning effective Monday, November 9th. We have linked the district's announcement of this at the top of this newsletter. We are saddened by this news as we enjoyed seeing our students each day in the halls at FMS. We are hopeful that if we all work together and follow all of the precautions out there that our case rate in the county will decrease so that we can again return to in-person learning at Firebird Nation!
We know that this transition is difficult on all of us. We want to work together as a Firebird Nation community to make sure that we can do everything possible to support our students, community, and staff members during this difficult time. There may be challenges along the way and we encourage you to reach out to us if we can assist. Our teachers, staff members, counselors, and administrators are all committed to helping wherever we can. We want to make sure the success of our students is always at the forefront.
Our staff will complete some final transition pieces on our end to ensure we are ready for full e-learning again. Falcon Middle was at the cutting edge of this at the beginning of this year, so we will simply continue what we have been doing. All of our processes, landing pages, and schedules will remain the same. We want to keep things as consistent as possible for our students, families, and staff through this transition. We have included our Landing Page overview video below if you need any assistance navigating this site.
Our JS2S students planned a spirit week this next week in honor of Veterans Day. We are including the themes for each day below. We will also be streaming a virtual Veterans Day Assembly on Wednesday, November 11th, for all of our students and community members to watch. We want to continue our strong tradition of recognizing our Veterans for all that they have done for our country! Thank you for your service.
I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe and healthy! We will communicate more next week if there are any updates or changes.
Falcon Middle School
Need help navigating our Landing Page? See the Video Below.
JS2S Spirit Week - Next Week in honor of Veterans Day!
PTSA is thankful for our members and we want to show our appreciation. If you become a member by Thanksgiving, you will be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card. There are two ways to join:
- Send in $8 (per member) with cash or check (made payable to Falcon MS PTSA) to the front office.
- Join online at https://falconmsptsa.new.memberhub.store/store?category=Memberships
(Please note that using online payment, the PTSA will be charged a service fee, so a donation would be appreciated to offset that cost.)
Check out another way to support your PTSA! It's a giveback program! You shop and a portion is returned to the PTSA. Check it out: https://falconmsptsa.new.memberhub.store/admin/campaigns
There is also an opportunity to order Spirit Wear, t-shirts for $10 and hoodies for $25. Again, cash or check may be sent to the front office or ordered online: https://falconmsptsa.new.memberhub.store/store
PTSA Reflection Program
Does your student like to draw, take photos, write music, poems or stories, dance, create videos? Then the PTA Reflections program is for them! The theme this year is "I Matter Because..." and your student can enter one or all of the following categories: Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts.
Entries are due by November 30. Find specific rules at https://copta.org/parent-engagement/reflections/
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Hobson at email@example.com.
Falcon Middle School
6th Grade Assistant Principal: Tim Scheck
7th Grade Assistant Principal: Kava Lientz
8th Grade Assistant Principal/Athletic Director: Elena Forehand
6th Grade Counselor: Carrie Clay
7th Grade Counselor: Amber Villani
8th Grade Counselor: Lisa Murdock
FMS Office Hours