Growing Up and Staying Healthy
Understanding HIV and Other STIs, a Module for Grades 7-8
This Workshop Is for You If...
- Your district has adopted Growing Up and Staying Healthy as the HIV prevention curriculum for your middle school students.
- You have already attended the HIV certification training or will attend it on November 4.
- You are assigned to implement HIV prevention lessons in your middle school to meet state law.
- Thursday, October 8, 2015
- 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Eaton RESA, 1790 E. Packard Hwy., Charlotte, MI 48813
Wendy Sellers, RN, MA, CPC
Named School Health Coordinator of the Year by the American School Health Association, Wendy is a passionate advocate of health education that equips young people to form health habits that allow them to reach their full potential.
Register by September 28!
What Is Growing Up and Staying Healthy?
This 2011 Michigan Model for Health module provides ten research-based lessons to prevent sexual risk behaviors. It includes abstinence-based and abstinence-only tracks. This curriculum must be adopted by your school board before it can be implemented. Read more at http://emc.cmich.edu/EMC_Orchard/MMH-HIV.
Registration fee: Clinton-Eaton-Ingham Consortium: free
Out of Consortium: $75 plus materials