12th Edition-Friday, May 1, 2015
Wednesday, May 6th is our annual 8th grade Career Day. Students will attend three sessions. With each session being 55 minutes long. Career Day will run from 8:00am to 10:55am. Thank you to those who volunteered to make this day a success.
8th Grade Great America Field Trip
The date for the 8th grade Great America field trip is Friday, June 12, 2015. Students must participate in the Farewell Program on June 11th and be in good academic and discipline standing to attend the class trip. All forms and money are due by Friday, May 8th.
8th Grade Farewell
Dear 8th grade parents –
Gather photos of the kids for the 8th grade farewell event on June 11th.
We don’t need anything professional – just photos that capture the spirit of your child! Group photos, funny photos or even photos from the early school years – just make sure it’s appropriate and tasteful.
We will be making a video incorporating the submitted photos to be shown at the farewell event for everyone to see. We want to make sure every child is represented, so if you don’t have something to share let us know. We can always photograph your child for you.
Here is what you need to do –
• Find those photos and send to us.
• The preferred format is electronic (.jpg or .tif). If you can, please keep the file size under 3mb.
• E-‐mail the electronic file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org -‐ we will send a confirmation email within 5 days to let you know we’ve received it. Please send only one photo per e-‐mail message.
• If you don’t have an electronic file, one way to convert the photo is by taking a photo of the photo. Simply capture the image using your smart phone, and e-‐mail directly from there. If that isn’t convenient (or doesn’t look good), we can convert the photo for you.
• If you prefer, have the photo dropped off at the school office. Make sure to put in an
envelope, and label it with your child’s name so we can make sure to get it back to you.
• Please, please, please -‐ be sure to identify everyone in the photo – especially if it’s from the early years!
• DEADLINE – May 8th 2015 – but the sooner the better, then we can get things organized!
If we don’t have something by that date, we will be photographing your child up at school. This gives you plenty of time – so there are no exceptions – remember we have a video to produce!
So mark your calendars now for the 8th Grade Farewell Event – June 11th.
Thank you in advance for your participation -‐
-The 8th grade farewell committee
National Geographic Bee State
Two of Webster students, Walter and Steven M. attended the state National Geographic Bee in Madison, WI. Walter and Steven participated in nine rounds of geography questions doing very well.
Congratulations to Kale K. who rank 22nd and Walter M. who ranked 67th in the MathCon competition on Saturday, April 25th in Chicago. Great job!!
Delta Kappa Gamma State Level
Kids Bowl for Free this Summer
The Kids Bowl Free Summer Bowling Program is available in our community and we thought that your family might enjoy this great deal. Each child receives 2 FREE Games of Bowling Every Day All Summer and last summer over 2,000.000 kids enjoyed this great program.
Here's How You Can Register Your Children/Family
1. Go to www.KidsBowlFree.com
2. Click on the State and then select the bowling center that you'd like to
3. Register your children to receive Free Bowling all summer long
4. Sign up the adults and/or older children for the optional Family Pass which allows up to 4 adult family members including parents, grandparents, older siblings or an adult babysitter to join in the bowling fun.
CHS Grad Gram
Remember to congratulate your favorite Seniors. You can purchase Grad Grams at the Cedarburg high school or Webster for just $1 each. It is great way to send a message to a Graduate as well as support the PTO Scholarship program. This year 16 deserving Graduates will be awarded a %500 scholarship. All Grad Grams must be returned by May 29th in order for the books to be assembled in time for Graduation. For additional information regarding decorated Grad Grams and area businesses that are also selling them, go to http://www.cedarburg.k12.wi.us/schools/high/gradgrams.cfm.