Know Your Vegetable - Kale
King Of Greens
What is kale?
There are many different types of kale. The leaves can be green or purple in color, and have either a smooth or curly shape. The most common type of kale is called curly kale or Scots kale, which has green and curly leaves and a hard, fibrous stem.
What is in it?
Kale is very high in vitamins K, A and C. Kale’s also a great source of calcium, magnesium,potassium,iron and antioxidants. Kale’s calcium and iron are highly digestible.
- Most Nutrient Dense Foods on The Planet
- Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants
- It is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C
- Can Help Lower Cholesterol, Which May Reduce The Risk of Heart Disease
- Is Best Sources of Vitamin K
- Numerous Cancer-Fighting Substances in Kale
- Very High in Beta-Carotene
- Good Source of Minerals That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
- High in Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Powerful Nutrients That Protect the Eyes
- Helps You Lose Weight