Digital Citizenship Project
Camille T., Period 3
What is Digital Citizenship?
Digital Citizenship is basically behavior on the internet. There are many rules for digital citizenship such as the ones listed below. Kind digital citizenship is behaving correctly and not cyber bullying. If you are a digital citizen, you are kind online, you follow the rules, and you don't publicly share yourself to anonymous people.
Digital Citizenship Rules
- Be kind; Being kind online means to think about what you say and how you say it. If you are about to post something rude, think about if you were sending that to your boss or guardian.
- Do not send your private information to anonymous groups; If you send information to groups you do not know it is very dangerous. They can hack you, spam you, and accuse you of stealing something.
- Remember who you friend on social networks; On social media remember who you follow because on social media you can chat with people and get help with things.
- Do not give any information out online; Don't give information out on the internet because if you don't physically know them, you only know what they tell you. Chances are, you can be chatting with a hacker.
- Don't give in to cyber bulling; Do not let the cyber bully know you are afraid. If they know you are scared, they will continue to harass you.
- Always paraphrase; Put information in your own words. If you don't, at least give the person who wrote the information credit.
- Put copyright on your work; Put protection on the information.
Below is a video you can watch if you want more information.
Digital Citizenship For Kids- By Kara Kimbrough