O. Henry Fall Choir Concert
O. Henry Middle School
All Family, Friends and Loved Ones, Don't Forget To Come To The Choir Concert! Be On Time! ~~All Performers Must Perform!
Dear Parents,The O. Henry students have been working hard to create some “gifts” for you. This time the gift is not a card or some chocolates, but the songs that they have learned. Inside this gift is some powerful musical discovery.
- The children are learning how to sing with a light and pleasant sound, finding their "Singing Voice."
- They know when to perform, and when to listen for the other parts.
- They are using their voices in a rhythmically accurate way as they recite poetry.
- They are feeling the length of a musical phrase.
- They are learning songs from a rich variety of cultural traditions.
- They are using their creative energies to sing in two part harmony they arranged themselves.
Friday, Oct. 21st, 5:30pm
2610 West 10th Street
- 8:20 AM - Students meet in the choir room
- 9:00 AM - Students go to Austin High
- 11:30 AM Students go to Barton Creek Mall to eat lunch
- 1:00 PM Students back at O. Henry and go to class
- 3:40 PM Students stay after school
- 5:25 PM Family members, friends and special ones are in the audience
- 5:30 PM Concert begins
- 6:00 PM Concert ends - students help clean up