Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 17
TLAP Quote of the Week
P is for Pirate
Q IS FOR QUILT
Everything matters. Are the lights on or off? What's written on the board? What song is playing? Should kids work in groups of two or three? Powerful lessons are the culmination of hundreds of presentational decisions. They can be haphazardly thrown together to create a threadbare blanket of boredom, or they can be intentionally woven into a beautiful rich quilt of engagement.
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
Please remember to email your grade level meeting notes to Shannon and Stacee.
- 1/18 Comp Day
- 1/19 SATS
- 1/19 Dr. Ledbetter meets with staff at 3:15pm
- 1/19 8:00 Grades due
- 1/20 Writing Benchmark Window Closes
- 1/21 2nd Grade Program at 6:30
- 1/21 3rd Grade Math CBA#2
- 1/22 5th Grade Math CBA#3
- 1/26 SATS
- 1/26 Vertical Science Meeting 3:15pm
- 1/27 5th Grade Science CBA#1
- 1/28 Meet with 3rd, 4th and 5th during conference periods about STAAR testing
January Teacher Birthdays
January 2nd:Erin Roberts
January 9th: Jeanne Ray
January 24th:Dora Rodriguez
January 31st: Tammy Harkrider
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.
Thanks for allowing me the time to read to your classes. I really enjoy it! Please let me know if you ever want me to read. I am always to happy to do it!