The Variety Of Cells
By: Shannell Hamilton
- Composed of phospholipid bilayer which is phosphate lipids attached to them.
- Serves as a gateway to allow or block the entry or exit of materials.
- present in both plants and animals.
- made of special sugar called cellulose.
- helps plants to keep its shape.
- Is present in plants only.
- Clear, jelly fluid that fills the nucleus.
- Holds the internal components in the cell together.
- Cytoplasm is present in both animals and plants.
- Enclosed by a gateway , ball-shaped
- Holds DNA and proteins. Controls reproduction and growth
- Present in both animals and plants
- A envelope, it encloses the nucleus.
- A barrier that separates the nucleus from cytoplasm.
- Present in both animals and plants.
- A round ball in the middle of the nucleus.
- Protein formation, RNA synthesis
- Since both animal and plant cells has a nucleus and the nucleolus is in the center of the nucleus, they both have a nucleolus.
- Made in the centrosome and is a small body near the nucleus.
- Keeps the microtubules organized.
- Centroiles are only found in animals. Although they can be found in lower plants.
- Found on the outside of the E.R.
- Responsible for protein coming in.
- Found in both animals and plant cells.
- Flat sacks of membrane.
- Packs protein in the vesicle.
- Golgi is present in both animals and plants.
Endoplasmic Reticulum (E.R)
- Interconnecting membrane tunnel.
- Provides protein for the cells and follows all instructions from the nucleus.
- Present in both plants and animals.
- Power house of the cell.
- Provides energy for the cell.
- Present in both of the cells.
- Disc shaped organelles.
- Absorbs energy from the sunlight.
- Chloroplast is only found in the plant cells.
- Contains digestive enzymes.
- Digest macromolecules
- Only present in animal cells.
- Small vesicles found around the cell.
- Oxygen that breaks down fats.
- This process is found in both cells.
- Little bubbles found in cell.
- Mostly connects to a storage bin.
- Animals and plants both has the organelle Vacuole
- Connects to every part of the cell and organelle.
- Maintains the shape of the cell and supports it.
- Present in both animal and plants.