February 27, 2015
After School Activities are updated on our After School Activities Calendar (click here)
- March Intramural Menu --Click Here
- KP Family Movie Night --Miracle- 6:30 PM to 9:30PM
Media Monday Parent/Guardian Social Media Workshop 7:00 to 8:00PM
- Mock Trial Quarter-Finals - Madison, Connecticut
- Parent/Guardian Conferences 1:45 to 4:00PM
- Drama Musical parent meeting 7:00 to 7:30PM
- MS STAFF Volleyball Game 6:30 to 8:30PM @ Hall High School
- Math Counts State Competition at Univ of Htfd @12:30PM
- Northern Regional Festival -CCSU
No Twitter Account Required --Please enjoy our updates for the week.
A NOTE ABOUT OUR INTRAMURAL PROGRAM
When middle school sports programs were cut from the budget, the intramural program was created to provide active opportunities for students to participate in recreational sports/games. Recognizing our diverse population and student interests, we have also included a few non-sport options in our offerings.
Decisions regarding continuing intramural activities are based on attendance (at least 10 students regularly attending) and balancing our offerings (between sport and non-sport offerings and including new offerings). While an activity may no longer be included in our intramural offering, students can reach out to an adult adviser to supervise a club activity. We also welcome parent volunteers to support student interests.
For questions/concerns/ideas about our KP Intramural program please contact Marty Keena and for interest in volunteering please contact Joy Wright.
If you have not scheduled a time to meet with a teacher and desire to do so, please contact your child's MA teacher or Team Leader.
HELP SUPPORT OUR KP SPRING FUNDRAISER
The fundraiser will run two weeks form February 26-March 12 and delivery will occur on March 31st. Thank you for supporting our efforts.
This is a workshop you cannot miss --Why? It will include:
- Come hear it from the students themselves as they talk about the myth vs the reality of how they use social media.
- Hear from two parents walking the walk about staying digitally aware and raising digitally responsible tweens and teens
- Strategies for staying connected to your teen
- Apps to know about
- Ways to become a digital participant as a parent/guardian
Opportunities in OUR COMMUNITY
Coffee & Conversation presented by West Hartford Special Education PTO
Please join us on Friday, March 6, 2015 at 9:30am for “Coffee and Conversation” at Panera Bread in Bishop’s Corner by Staples. A casual gathering that provides a great opportunity to network and build relationships.
Click here for more information and other events.