Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
February 26, 2021
Dear Inspire Families:
We are in the midst of planning for Period 7, and so excited about the prospect of having students and teachers on campus again. Teachers have been preparing to transition to hybrid learning. Hybrid learning at Inspire allows students learning from home to continue high-quality online learning, and students on campus to engage safely in the classroom.
As always, there is a lot of information swirling. For students remaining in distance learning, schedules and expectations will remain the same. For students who wish to return to school in-person, the information listed below is vital:
1. In-person students return to school on March 25. Please note that if you did not fill out the reopening survey indicating that your child will be returning to school in person, your child will remain in distance learning.
2. Teachers will communicate daily/weekly schedules and expectations for Period 7 during the week of March 1-5. Keep an eye out for an email from your child's 7th period teacher. Schedules and expectations may vary depending on class size/subject area. Communicate directly with that teacher if you have questions.
3. Parents and students will need to sign and submit a COVID-19 Parent/Student Agreement form to the Inspire office. You can print and sign the form to be submitted by March 25, or ask for a copy in the main office.
4. Students will be responsible for bringing a Chromebook or laptop to school each day. If your child needs to borrow a device, please email Ken Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Breakfast will be available at 8:15 a.m. and lunch will be available at noon each day in the Chico High School cafeteria.
5. Safety protocols will remain in place for in-person students. Students must wear a mask at all times, and disposable masks will be available for students in the main office. Students should plan to dress for the weather, as windows and doors will remain open as much as possible. Students in vocal and instrumental music will be practicing and rehearsing outdoors, as well. Handwashing stations will be available across campus, and students will need to use hand sanitizer when entering or leaving the classroom. Classrooms will be arranged for a maximum of 6' and minimum of 4' of social distancing.
Please remember that conditions in the pandemic are subject to change. We will notify you as quickly as possible if these reopening plans are revised. We are so grateful for your partnership, patience, and understanding in this difficult year.
Have a wonderful weekend, Inspire families. As always, don't hesitate to call or email me with questions, concerns, or good ideas.
With gratitude and hope,
Senior Tributes - EXTENSION
YOU'RE WELCOME! We've extended the deadline for senior tribute submissions!
The time has come to commemorate your student in the 2021 yearbook with a Senior Tribute! It's been a wild year, and what better way to honor your student's hard work during an unprecedented time than to celebrate them in print?
Senior tributes are on sale now through March 14th, but they will be created on a first come, first served basis, with limited available space. Be sure to reserve your space today!
Questions? contact email@example.com
-The Anthology Yearbook Staff
Be sure to buy your yearbook now, before prices go up!
From now to April 30th the yearbook will be $85 and starting May 1st it will go to $90.
- Paying with credit card? CLICK HERE and enter school code 16210.
- Paying with cash or check? Fill out the order form and bring exact payment amount (not able to make change) to the front office during office hours.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
YEARBOOK NEEDS YOUR HELP - SUBMIT PHOTOS TODAY
The Yearbook will be submitted to the production plant for printing mid-March, so all photo submissions need to be uploaded ASAP for a chance to be in the book!
Please help us make this yearbook great by submitting photos of what school has been like for your student, via distance learning!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to email@example.com
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Inspire Performing Arts Booster
Want to be a part of our next act? You could be a STAR! Donations of kindness, time, energy, effort, and/or finances can bring our program to life even during a pandemic.
We want to welcome you to the NEW IPA (Inspire Performing Arts) Boosters! We are not a beer or an alphabet, BUT we will be the Crew behind the Crew! We are creating this team to stimulate greater interest and appreciation for the Performing Arts and to increase parental, alumni, and community participation in the Inspire Performing Arts Program.
Performing Arts Vision for the Future
Alice in Wonderland Auditions
Hello Inspire students! This year for our play, we are doing our very own adaptation of Alice in Wonderland written by students under the direction of Erin Horst. As of right now, we are planning to perform outside June 15th through June 19th - COVID guidelines permitting.
If you are interested in acting in a world of imagination and wonder, or being casted as a larger than life character, then this is the opportunity for you! Many roles are available, and anyone is encouraged to audition, even graduating seniors. All levels of acting experience are welcomed, so don’t be afraid to try. If you are nervous, audition anyway, we are always looking for students with new and exciting talent, so do the Inspire thing and put yourself in the spotlight or in this case the sunlight.
We will be having an informational zoom meeting about auditioning and first time auditioning experiences. This will also be helpful if you’ve previously auditioned, or if you need help with the process of auditioning online. The zoom meeting will be next Tuesday, March 2nd, at 1:00 pm if you are interested.
Audition Meeting Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/96554792308
Meeting ID: 965 5479 2308 - Passcode: alice
Audition videos are due at noon on Wednesday, March 10th.
Callbacks will be held on zoom Thursday, March 11th at 3:30PM.
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
Virtual Auction - Support Needed!
The Inspire Foundation is hosting a national auction in April 2021 to raise money for programs such as Sober Grad Night, the Angel Network, Scholarships, Programs, and of course, building a new, state-of-the-art school!
We are currently looking for auction items as we gear up for April, and we need your help to spread the word. Items we are seeking may include vacation getaways, gift cards, new jewelry, new artwork, and more. If you are able to donate an item to the auction, please get in touch with us using the info below.
Also, from now until March 31st - any business that pledges an auction item worth $250 or more, or who commits to one of our naming opportunities on the new campus, will also be featured as a sponsor for Inspire's Virtual Auction. This includes more exposure by having business featured on social media, during the auction, and on our website. Visit: https://inspirechicofoundation.com/capital-campaign/ for all the naming opportunities available, and leave a lasting legacy by featuring your name on our new campus!
Contact Celeste Cramer, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit an auction item. Thank you for helping us spread the word, and for your support.
Though students are not on campus, attendance is mandatory for both your daily classes and Friday afternoon Advisory.
Distance Learning Attendance Expectations:
- Teachers will track attendance for the duration of class.
- Students are required to log in, on time, at the beginning of each period and remain logged in until excused.
- If a student cannot make a class period, a parent/guardian must call or email attendance as usual.
- Students should stay in communication with their teachers.
To leave a message on the Attendance Line please call (530) 891-3133.
More information HERE.
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email email@example.com
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email email@example.com