Week of October 14th
Important Dates for the Week:
Monday, October 14th:
- 3rd/K PLC
- NC Check In Training (Media Center)
Tuesday, October 15th:
- Kindergarten Quarterly Planning
- DLT - Mandy's room after dismissal
- PBIS - Blanca's room after dismissal
- NCE's Got Talent from 5:30 - 7:00 (Earn NCE time for coming to support our students).
Wednesday, October 16th:
- 1st Quarterly Planning
- 4th PLC
- Makeup NC Check Training in Media Center
Thursday, October 17th:
- 5th/2nd PLC
- MTSS District Meeting (Murray, Evans, Ross, Loftus from 2 - 4 at Horton)
Friday, October 18th:
- PTA Treat Cart out from 11:00 - 1:00 in staff lounge. Come treat yourself with a snack! : )
- Public School Works DUE
Thank you Laura & Welcome Gretchen!
- Thank you to Laura Doherty for helping us to get the year started off well in 2nd grade! Laura has decided to make a change and will not be continuing in the classroom role. Welcome to Gretchen Hamilton, our new 2nd grade teacher. We were hopeful to have a few transition days last week for the two, but the Hurricane had another plan. Please work to support Gretchen and welcome her to NCE!
PDP's - please make sure all PDP's have been entered into NCEES. If your PLC hasn't agreed on a goal with Carla/Eddie yet, please reach out to schedule a time to meet.
Public School Works - please make sure you have completed the required courses. The last due date is fast approaching. See the plan that was shared in August to make sure you have completed everything.
Picture Day - We are in the process of rescheduling picture day and will keep you informed of the new date!
One Way/Front Drive - please do not come in the front drive the wrong way. If there are buses and you are late, please use the gravel lot. We have had a couple near miss situations and it is critical that we are modeling the right way for parents!
Equity Team - I need to select a certified staff member to represent NCE at district equity team meetings. Meetings occur about three times a year and are held after school with district leaders and reps from each school. Dr. Hartness provides dinner and this would qualify for NCE time! Please email Carla if you would be willing to represent NCE.
NCE's Got Talent - PTA reps will be in the MPR on Monday to allow students that are performing a short rehearsal during recess time. Please join us Tuesday evening for the Talent Show and earn NCE time!
End of First Quarter - The end of the first quarter is fast approaching. The end of the first quarter is October 26th. I have not heard anything about the date being adjusted. 3rd - 5th grade teachers will need to have final grades submitted by November 2nd. November 6th is reserved for Parent/Teacher conferences.
Science Fair - Science Fair is fast approaching. Entry forms are due October 29. There are extra copies on the worktable in the mailroom. Please return completed forms to Juliana Maul or Lisa Lowing (form does require a teacher signature). Display boards will be provided after entry form is completed and turned in. Display boards can be picked up from the media center (near the checkout desk) or let Juliana or Lisa know and they will deliver the boards. Projects will be due November 13. Also, there will be an open house on November 13 from 6:00 to 7:00. All are invited. Please let Juliana or Lisa know if you have any questions.
Hurricane Fun! Consider how you can encourage READvolution in your room?
Encourage our students to earn 2 Hurricane tickets for READING!
- The program runs from (September 24th through November 16th) and students are encouraged to read for 20 minutes per day/night.
- CCS schools will be in friendly competition to have the highest average minutes read per student in the district. This will allow our largest elementary schools to compete on a level playing field with our smallest K-8 and elementary schools.
- Students who reach the 1,200 minute mark will be provided with 2 complimentary tickets to a Carolina Hurricanes game.
- The winning school will have the opportunity for students to attend the Cool School Field Trip at the PNC Arena for a special celebration at the conclusion of the READvolution program.