Holicong Middle School
Updates From Mr. Bucher
MR. BUCHER'S FINAL ISSUE!
Dear Holicong Parents,
I am writing to inform you that at the May 14th meeting of the Central Bucks Board of School Directors I was appointed the principal of Central Bucks West High School effective July 1, 2013. I will move to CB West excited about the challenges it will afford, but I will leave Holicong with a heavy heart. It has been my honor and privilege to serve as the principal of Holicong Middle School since 2005. Holicong is an exceptional school because of the people here—students, parents and teachers.
I will leave Holicong in good hands as the new principal will be Dr. David Bolton, presently the principal of Unami Middle School. Dr. Bolton and I will work together between now and July 1 to ensure a smooth transition for everyone. I am confident the Holicong community, with its strong foundation of high expectations and caring for others, will continue to thrive under Dr. Bolton’s leadership.
I wish only the best for Holicong in the future.
Jason H. Bucher
8th Grade Holicong Baseball!
Congratulations to Holicong's 8th Grade Baseball Team for an outstanding season. The Team ended its season by winning the CB Middle School Baseball Championship Game against Tohickon (9-7). We are all very proud of the boys.
CB East Track Championships
Congratulations to the following girls who medaled at the Girls Track State Championships at Shippensburg University. Veronica Eder took 5th in the 3200, Dara Lindsey, Julia Leventhal, Alexis Knipe, and Holicong’s Taylor Kennedy took 3rd in the States. Also running in the State Meet were Marisa Hawley in the 3200 and Tohickon’s Elizabeth Huuki in the Mile.
Author Visit At Holicong
Holicong was honored to recently host author Elizabeth Laban. Many students read her young adult novel, The Tragedy Paper and were thrilled to hear Ms. Laban speak about the publishing word, her writing process and next novel. The afternoon was a valuable experience for all who attended!
CB Board Briefs...
At the May 28, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Tamanend Gold ‘n’ Blues Choir performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. VanVreede’s 6th grade Titus class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Finance, Operations, and MBIT Committee Reports.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
5. Approved the Resolution to adopt the Final Budget for 2013-2014 in the amount of $290,683,982. Approved the Resolution setting the homestead and farmstead real estate tax reduction in the amount of $189.70 and approved the tax levy Resolution keeping the real estate tax millage rate at 122.8 mills, keeping the real estate transfer tax rate at 1%, keeping the earned income tax rate at 1%, and maintaining the electric utility real estate tax.
6. Approved the Physical Education Uniform Purchase.
7. Approved Construction Contracts for Holicong Middle School to Centre Point Construction for general construction in the amount of $533,000; to Guy Cooper, Inc. for plumbing construction in the amount of $516,500; to Goshen Mechanical for mechanical construction in the amount of $799,900; to MJF Electrical for electrical construction in the amount of $225,380; and to Asbestos & Lead Abatements Service for asbestos abatement in the amount of $167,020.
And the approval of a Deed of Dedication to New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project and the approval of a Land Development Agreement with New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project.
8. Approved the award of a contract to Gilmore and Associates for engineering design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $90,000 and the award of a contract to Hayes Large Architects for architectural design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $168,000.
9. Tabled the first reading of the Facility Use Fee Schedule so that the schedule can be posted on-line for public review. Administration will meet with DAA, CBAA, WAA, and Lenape Valley groups to hear their input.
10. Approved the MBIT Bond Resolution to issue new bonds – Series of 2013. The issuance of new bonds – Series of 2013, will be bank qualified, having a five year call with slightly lower interest rates.
11. Approved School Board Policy #217.3 – Awarding of Credit - Other Educational Experience, School Board Policy #302 – Employment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent, and School Board Policy #312 – Performance Assessment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
12. Approved the School Board Treasurer, Suzanne Vincent for 2013-2014, and the School Board Secretary, Sharon Reiner for 2013-2017.
13. Approved various personnel items, the senior classes for Graduation (1625 graduates) on June 19, 2013, a tuition student, and student trips.