St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- A tentative January calendar has been attached to this newsletter.
- The Christmas Pageant will be shared with all families in the coming days. Thank you all for making it such a success!
- Santa will visit all SBES classrooms on December 22nd. It is a full day of school for all students, however, after care WILL NOT be in session.
- Our 12 Days of Christmas Dress Downs continues this week. Please see the calendar that has been attached below for daily themes. As a reminder, all dress down donations will be given to the Toys For Tots Foundation. Thank you for helping to contribute to such a great cause this holiday season!
As a reminder, students may dress down on Wednesday, December 22nd in whatever theme they may have missed when taping for the Christmas pageant.
- We are actively looking to hire PK aides, school monitors and qualified substitute teachers for our K-8 classrooms. If you know of anyone in your network who may be interested/ have any family or friends who may be retired school teachers looking to return back to the classroom, please have them reach out directly to Mrs. Cruz and Ms. Iorio with their resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Flu season is upon us! As per the NY Department of Health, it is a requirement that all PK-FA and 3K-FA children receive an Influenza vaccine between July 1 and December 31 of the current school year. An email has been sent to all families by Ms. Montejo.
As the COVID vaccine has now become readily available for children ages 5 to 11, we would ask that you use the following link to record your child's vaccination record. While you are not obligated to share your child's vaccination status, this information will help us move forward with potential larger gatherings, contact tracing and even lunch in the cafeteria. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community and school safe.
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at email@example.com or call (718) 324-1088.
Day 7 of our 12 Days of Christmas Dress Downs
Holiday Cheer Day.
Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas Dress Downs
You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch!
Christmas Begins With Christ
Students in Mrs. Robertson’s K-2 class learned all about the Nativity last week. To familiarize themselves with all of the most important individuals, they participated in a Write The Room activity.
If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. All PK absences should be reported to our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of all teachers and their email addresses, should you need them, can be found on the school website.
3rd - School resumes!
10th - Grade 6 - 8 Midterms Begin
11th - Grades 3 - 8 Religion Midterm
REGISTER FOR THE 2022 - 2023 SCHOOL YEAR TODAY!
Strong academics, great teachers, spiritual guidance, and a disciplined approach — a Catholic education is the stepping stone to your child’s future journey. Beyond an excellent education, Catholic Schools instill family values and a sense of community. For many, Catholic Schools are a home away from home — a place of safety in a rapidly changing world.
Now is the time to invest in your child’s education.
NEW K-8 or PRESENT PK4 students
for the 2022–2023 school year opened on December 1, 2021!
Our school spirit store is open!! As a reminder, spirit wear can be worn any day that your child(ren) have physical education. A link to the shop can be found here: https://www.liebmansuniforms.com/ecommerce/sbs/st.-barnabas-spirit-store.html
Please use the link below to access the newsletters for the week of December 13th.
Physicals and Immunizations
As a reminder, every student must have an updated physical on file each school year. ALL students must have up-to-date immunization records and a physical exam form completed each school year. For convenience, all forms are linked below. Please note that all NYC Pre-K students, under the age of 5 by December 31, 2021, will need to have a current flu vaccine on file. For those students that require an inhaler, or other medications such as an epipen, to be administered in school, I have linked the medical administration forms.
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Lunch at SBES- Kindergarten- Grade 8
St. Barnabas Elementary School has partnered with Division Food Service Management and MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch pre- order service and payments for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see the attached Parent Welcome Letter for more information on how to place your order. (Student Id numbers are provided from the vendor) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Nicole Cestra at the email listed below: Nicole@Division-Hospitality.Com or 646-523-2028.
The December and January lunch schedule for UPK students has been posted below.
NEW students- please call Nicole to assist with your account set up.
Follow Us On Social Media
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.